The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

ukingsken

First Post
Mr. Bricks:

Bricks worked for some time trying to come up with the best he could for a silent alarm. Eventually using a combination of sticks and twigs along the roads edge and a length of rope threaded between several low lying bushes he built a rudimentary warning system. Certainly not complex but anyone stumbling in the dark might miss it if they were not looking or highly trained.

[sblock=mechanics] If someone tries to sneak up on you I'm going to allow a perception check, and if that fails I'll impose a penalty to their stealth check.[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
[sblock=Mechanics] Ta for that boss, better than the roll deserved.[/sblock]

Mr Bricks returns to the cottage, "Well that's set up as well as can be expected. Does anyone need any help with anything?"

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

[sblock=ooc]
Screwed up the first time rolling my invisible castle rolls for my 2 nature checks.... I rolled two sets of two rolls.. rather than just TWO rolls.. so I did it over with less than a result of the other rolls.... *shrugs* just take my two I have here I guess heh...
Not to worry, only needed to get 10's anyway ;) two succesful assists.[/sblock]
Cheysuli stalks through the forest stopping occasionally to check some sign or track before continuing forward. Through a break in the trees you notice a small pool of water with a large stag obliviously drinking the water and picking small red berries off an overhanging tree that you recognize as a cherry tree.
As she spies the stag at the edge of the clearing, she immediatly crouches into the undergrowth and is perfectly still, raising her hand to signal Patronis and let him know.
Focusing on the proud beast, she raises her hands finger extended and whispers:
"In the name of the Spirit Faunus,
I claim you as our prey.
Your blood and body shall sustain us,
Yet in the 'Wilds your essence will play."

Chey turns to patronis; "Set him in your sights my hooded fellow, we shall strike at the same time. Can you remove yourself from his vision?"
[sblock=actions] Warlock's curse on the stag,
Eyebite + Curse damage. (1d20+4, 1d6+4, 1d6=[14, 4], [5, 4], [1])
(not incl combat advantage if i get it) 18 vs AC, 10 psychic damage, on a hit i am invisible to the stag utill my SNT[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Mr. Bricks] I'm not being too generous :p The DC would be your roll modified by envronment (EG Darkness) I mean I'm a decent guy but what fun is it if monsters cant win sometimes :p hahahaha[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Site's been down all day at work :(

Also don't know why that previous post got posted twice, almost 2 hours apart...
[/sblock]

"We should probably have 2 people per watch as well, just to make sure we get a second pair of eyes covering us and makes it much harder to incapacitate the watch and catch the rest of us unaware, and there's only 4 beds anyway.

So how about Miranna and Mr. Bricks on first watch, myself and Brenwar on second and we'll let the warlocks have third watch. Chey seems like someone with an eye for detail so hopefully that makes a pretty good spotter on each shift with backup."
She's about to move on then adds "No funny business on watch just because there is a guy and girl on each." Eyeing everyone suspiciously.

once Mr. Bricks comes back

"You think you could scout the area while we wait for our hunting party? Find out what's beyond the woodline and all, a nice stream to refill our waterskins would be a godsend." Then leaning in closer and stating very quietly. "And make sure nothing eats our friends, splitting the party is always a bad idea, stay hidden and come back at once if anything happens"

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar spends some time trying to find positions for the guards that will cover the largest area. Once that is accomplished he shows his friends the appropriate positions.
[sblock=ooc]
Bah site down plus rl dnd game this afternoon means I didn't get any good posts in and now I'm to sleepy to post anything great. Maybe I can manage a decent post in the morning.
BtW tomorrow I have the dnd game I'm dming so probably little to no posting beyond early morning and late at night (which seems to have become my usual).
[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I was planning on having a conversation with Brenwar when our shift came, if you prefer, so that we can move on with the rest of the story, we can do it through PM's and you can have all the time you need while the rest of the roleplaying doesn't have to wait on 2 people's conversation to end.

I don't think you can copy PM's to other people so I offer email instead if the DM want's to keep in on the details of the conversation.
[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
"Right you are Shayla." says Mr Bricks as he pops out again, circling the cottage Mr Bricks heads in to the treeline , going as quietly as he can and keeping an especial watch in he direction that Chey and Patronis took.

[sblock=Mechanics]

Stealth roll to stay hidden, nature roll to find my way around and a perception roll to notice anything out of the ordinary. (1d20+9=13, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+7=19)

Of course the nature roll is rubbish - hope I don't get lost.

If the roll number on IC doesn't tally that's because I messed up the first attempt and had to do it again.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dave Arneson] I'm sure we are all saddened about the news of Dave losing his battle with cancer last night. I can only express my sorrow for his friends and family and say to them how much his contribution to the field of gaming has meant to me over the years :.-(
[/sblock]

[

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I was planning on having a conversation with Brenwar when our shift came, if you prefer, so that we can move on with the rest of the story, we can do it through PM's and you can have all the time you need while the rest of the roleplaying doesn't have to wait on 2 people's conversation to end.

I don't think you can copy PM's to other people so I offer email instead if the DM want's to keep in on the details of the conversation.
[/sblock]
[sblock]
That would be fine by me if the DM is cool with it or if he has a better solution I'm all ears.
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I was very sad when I heard about Arneson! And yes I think that's just fine if it works for you two. I'm not in a particular hurry, especially if a bit of patience generates more RP value. I'd like to hear what Sess has to say about it but if you two feel like you'd be holding us up it doesn't bother me.[/sblock]

Bricks heads off into the bushes to find a good place where he can watch the camp unobserved. He gets turned around but luckily the woods are not very thick and after a few minutes of stumbling around he realizes hes not quite sure where the camp is. After another 45 minutes or so of stumbling around blindly in the woods he arrives back at the road several hundred metres from the site and slowly creeps back up until he finds a vantage in some shrubs.

[sblock=ooc] If something happens in the first little while of the shift you wont be there[/sblock]

Remove ads