The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rathan

First Post
Patronis sighed.... with only leather on it would not be hard to keep up.... save for her fey kindred link to nature... she was swift one in the forest but he did manage to keep her within his field of vision as he swiftly stepped with soft soled boots into the wilderness..... he would whisper for her to slow down here and there but for the most part stayed deathly quiet.... Advised I don't need a bow they said... you're blast rivals anything a ranged weapon could put out they said.... *grumbles something in elven* Patronis whispers to himself more than to anyone else...

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=hunting] I'd be ok with a nature check to try and trap some small game and find some fruits/vegetables. And a nature & stealth check if you want to try and hunt something a bit bigger.[/sblock]

[sblock=Brenwar] Don't worry about it. I feel bad that you all do your posting mostly while I sleep then have to wait all day until I get up :p We all do the best we can, and thats all I ask. Besides So far he hasn't been too silent, I just think he ended up in a party full of chattery P.C's. [/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
Seeing the two warlocks run off into the woods did look like fun but Shayla thought any more than two would start to hurt their chances of bringing back anything big, besides there was still things to do before they made camp for the night. "Well, might as well make the most of it. Mr. Bricks, any chance you know how to set some traps or at least some trip wire alarms? Brenwar, you think you could set up some defensible positions? We have several ranged members in the party and if we could do so from behind cover should the need arise we'd be in a pretty good position. Miranna, come with me."

Shayla takes her out looking at the tree line and tries to point out all the most likely avenue's of approach. "Just keep an eye on those area's and you'll do fine."

Autopass perception check to try aid Miranna's perception check for the evening.

rumleech

Explorer
"I'll see what I can do with the available materials," says Mr Bricks looking through his kit to find any useful odds and ends. Once he's satisfied with what he has he goes outside and gets to work.

[sblock=Mechanics]I'm assuming a Thievery check for setting up of traps using the hemp rope and tree branches etc. etc. (you've all seen McGyver and The A Team).

Thievery check for trap building. (1d20+9=11)

Oh dear! [/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
Seeing the two warlocks run off into the woods did look like fun but Shayla thought any more than two would start to hurt their chances of bringing back anything big, besides there was still things to do before they made camp for the night. "Well, might as well make the most of it. Mr. Bricks, any chance you know how to set some traps or at least some trip wire alarms? Brenwar, you think you could set up some defensible positions? We have several ranged members in the party and if we could do so from behind cover should the need arise we'd be in a pretty good position. Miranna, come with me."

Shayla takes her out looking at the tree line and tries to point out all the most likely avenue's of approach. "Just keep an eye on those area's and you'll do fine."

Autopass perception check to try aid Miranna's perception check for the evening.

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Screwed up the first time rolling my invisible castle rolls for my 2 nature checks.... I rolled two sets of two rolls.. rather than just TWO rolls.. so I did it over with less than a result of the other rolls.... *shrugs* just take my two I have here I guess heh...[/sblock]

Patronis keeps his eyes peeled for bigger game and an even bigger eye on the mischievous fey lock before him as he tries to keep up!

[sblock=Nature Rolls]1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=10[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Cheysuli:

Cheysuli stalks through the forest stopping occasionally to check some sign or track before continuing forward. Through a break in the trees you notice a small pool of water with a large stag obliviously drinking the water and picking small red berries off an overhanging tree that you recognize as a cherry tree.

[sblock=Mr. Bricks] Could you be a little more specific? Are you trying to set a trap on the door of the small cottage, or outside it? The surrounding area is cleared for about 5 feet to the treeline and has the road on the other side. [/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
[sblock=Clarity]
[sblock=Mr. Bricks] Could you be a little more specific? Are you trying to set a trap on the door of the small cottage, or outside it? The surrounding area is cleared for about 5 feet to the treeline and has the road on the other side. [/sblock]

Hmm! Good question. What I'm trying to achieve is some sort of early warning trap, it would have to be some distance from the cottage to be any use (20 ft plus I would suggest.). Obviously I can't trap the whole circumference around the house so I would trap what I would consider the most likely approaches to the cottage, certainly the road and areas which would be clear enough to sneak through. The traps would make a noise when activated to negate any sneak attempts made by potential enemies. I hope this helps.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna paid careful attention to Shayla's advice, and she picked a useful spot for later, once the actual watches started. She also tried to watch where Mr. Bricks was setting up his warning system- so as to know what spots were covered and what areas were still open.

While she had been raised in the Feywild, the places she knew were not much like this- and who could say what the spreading taint of evil had done to the natural surroundings here...

Remove ads