The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

rumleech

Explorer
"I'm happy with those terms," Mr Bricks says to the vanishing form of the Magus. As he follows Shayla he turns to the others and says "I'm depending on some of you rural types to show me the ropes out there."

[sblock=OOC] Let's go steal some stuff![/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16 - Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

The splah of water on her face washes away all traces of serenity from Cheysuli, and the familiar wild grin returns.
As he follows Shayla he turns to the others and says "I'm depending on some of you rural types to show me the ropes out there."
"Ropes?! I don't think there are many more ropes in the countryside than there is in the city my friend." She chuckles merrily at her amazing quip. "But seriously, my dubious friend, I promise to look after you, as long you promise to keep your fingers away from my purse!" She look at Mr. Bricks mischeivously and gives him a wink. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar lets out a small sigh thinking of the long walk ahead but knows long walks and sleepless nights are part of an adventurer's job description.
"I'll just be glad if we can do some good on this mission and all come back in one piece."

ukingsken

First Post
The guards briskly walk you through the camp, delivering you to the eastern edge where an old stone road travels away in both directions. It is obvious that once this road was a marvel of closely cut stone, but the years have their toll and it is cracked and worn. The guard points off to your left.

You may not have much sense of direction in our land yet, north is that way. Follow the road and you should reach Maoleth tomorrow after dusk. There is a wayhouse about a days travel from here where you should be able to rest safely the first night.

With that the guards turn back to camp, leaving you to ponder the road ahead.

[sblock=ooc] So I'm still kind of figuring out the parties RP dynamic, but you all seem pretty keen on it. So in my RL games I like to give players opportunities here and there just to Rp a bit, chat it up. I think it helps grow interesting ties between the characters not to mention it kind of helps simulate a long boring walk. If you guys want feel free to RP a bit this morning, and later this afternoon I'll move the plot along again. If you're not interested just say so and I can stuff plotline down your throats asap :D[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

As the group begins it's cross-country march along the road, Chey's curious eyes take in as much of the wilderness as she can. Being used to the dense forests and shifting plains Feywild, this place hardly seems wild to her at all. But still, there may be nasties lurking, and if there is she intends to out-lurk them! With this in mind she shuns the uneven, neglected road, and opts instead to walk upon the natural earth to one side of it; ever watchful for tracks or other signs of activety.

[sblock=skills]Perception (1d20+1=17) to keep a look out for anything unusual, & Nature (1d20+2=20) to get a feel for the sort of habitat this country has, and perhaps what sort of natural beasties might populate it. On that train of thought, what season does it appear to be? What condition is the weather in?
I hope i keep rolling like this once combat starts :blush:[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
"Are we going to have any kind of scouting ahead? I don't mind doing it , I can hide pretty well but out here, I don't know, I'm likely to get eaten alive."

Mr Bricks walks along, clearly out of his natural habitat; his eyes wide open; every sense alive; keeping close watch for any piece of "green stuff" that might prove more dangerous than all the rest of the "green stuff".

Perception check - keeping an eye on the "green stuff" (1d20+7=18)

[sblock=re: RP]I'm perfectly happy for a spot of role play - it frames the mayhem nicely[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
From the camp site you could see several miles in either direction. To the north the land is densely wooded, with the road winding a ribbon northward. Off in the distance to the east you see a large snow capped mountain, and southward you can just make out the line of the shifting seas on the horizon.

The season seems to be early spring, although it could just as easily be that there summer is cool. The air is heavy with the scent of rain, and clouds to the east near the mountain speak of another storm on the way.

[sblock=Perception] You look around noticing that the surrounding area, for the first few kilometres has been patrolled fairly heavily. Beyond that you don't notice anything out of the ordinary. [/sblock]

[sblock=Nature] After observing the woods around you and catching glimpses of animals through the woods you recall a text you read once on the Kingdom of Jade. Written by an adventurer it spoke of white furred monkeys who live somewhere near the mountain. There was also mention of an abundance of birds & bats. You don't remember any mention of dangerous predators except for a species of poisonous wasp.[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Patronis being not very nature orientated nor overly perceptive takes a position near the middle of the pack to stay safe... his eyes looking from one companion to the other as they walk....

Until we actually get to something we can blast I'm not of much use.... that is unless we run into something of a magical nature... then I might be some some use... the warlock utters making polite conversation more than anything...

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=OOC]As long as the action starts before Mr. Bricks get's bored and starts picking the party pockets I don't mind a little bit of role play time.

Also, please everyone remember your in a party with an elf, if your within 5 squares (about 25 feet) you get a +1 racial bonus to your Perception checks.[/sblock]
Despite their disposition, Shayla thanks the guards for their assistance and starts off down the road with the party. Finding Chey's enjoyment of the side of the road a pleasant idea she joins her in the green. Finding the armor she's recently purchased a little stifeling she still finds the pace they set is fairly leasurely so the paladin doesn't fall too far behind.

She thinks about Mr. Bricks statement for a moment "I'm ok with you being a scout, but generally I think it's best if you stick with us unless there's something that needs checking out."

Listening to Patronis she then responds, "Well then, do you have any stories of any magical beasts that like to live in the shadows?"

Then to Chey "I'd ask about the feywild having never been myself, but that seems to be a touchy subject around here."

[sblock=Skills to pay the bills]
Rolled these before I saw the post, might as well list them. I'm with Chey, hope it keeps up come combat time.
Perception = 28
Nature = 22
[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Malanore said:
As long as the action starts before Mr. Bricks get's bored and starts picking the party pockets

As if, he says trying to look innocent[/sblock]

"I don't mind either way but I do need someone to tell me how to find me way round without streets."

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10