The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] No worries Mala, we all miss things. Myself included, as parts of this combat have evidenced :p And I'm sure you'll have more chances to blast my beasties, and maybe some of them will even attack someone other then poor poor Miranna. Man shes taking a beating lol[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Concealment]As far as I'm aware, concealment + concealment doesn't give total concealment. In other words, concealment doesn't usually stack to give any greater benefits. Total concealment basically means that you cannot be seen at all. Total darkness with no vision aids or blindness are probably the most common sources of total concealment. So if eyebite hits, you would definitely be able to make a Stealth check, though it would only apply to the target you blinded (unless you had total concealment or superior cover against other enemies).

However, I suppose the ruling on that is up to ukingsken. I have seen things like 2+ squares of bushes between you and the attacker gives you total concealment, but that is, if you will, a 'special' rule of the terrain, and isn't how things work by default.

Superior cover is a little more attainable, probably from the rocks in this battle.[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just making sure Miranna stays alive till my next turn so I can try and heal her, She had 15 HP prior to that hit, took 6, so 9 left and will take 2 at the start of her turn. Then again it's her turn so that might be what you were getting at with 7 remaining :)

Come on live Miranna!

P.S. Man what a great setup for sword burst with so many targets and a +2 bonus to hit![/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Yeah I was just doing the 2 ongoing for the start of her turn ahead of time. And it is indeed a good setup for burst attacks. Stupid kobolds and their penchant for swarming! And thanks sessadore, superior cover sounds like it mkes more sense to me. I don't have my books with me at work (I work away from home right) so I normally get by with the compendium but sometimes it just doesn't cut it. Might have to bring my books next time.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna was stunned by the ferocity of the kobold assault- all her training had done little to prepare her for a battle like this. Still, for all their viciousness, the little lizards were no worse than some of the smaller nasty creatures of the Feywild. She focused her will and lashed out, trying to mete out some manner of payback against the foes closest to her.

OOC 1: Ouch! I guess that is what comes of being a meat shield. Hopefully she will last another round.

OOC 2: [sblock] Standard action for Sword Burst attack; including +2 bonus= +6 vs. REF; possible damage 1d6+4 force; (targeting kobolds in this order: red scale, aqua, brown scale, grey scale) then Move action to shift to T6; then spend her AP for a standard action and use Second Wind; then save attempt vs. ongoing damage. Attack rolls: 9, 17, 19, 13- maybe two hits, damage 8, save 9 (failed); rolls: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ninja'ed, real post coming in a couple hours after I get back from church services
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]It may be worth noting who has been marked or cursed in the initiative block too, as Patronis and Chey cannot curse the same target.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
1) Pink Kobold (22)
2) Yellow Kobold (22) Deceased
3) Patronis (20) 30/30 HP
4) Blue Kobold (19) Fled
5) Green Kobold (19) Deceased
6) Shayla (19) 20/20 HP
7) Gray Scale Kobold (18) 8 Damage Warlocks Curse (Chey)
8) Mr. Bricks (18) 24/24 HP
9) Red Scale Kobold (17) 11 Damage
10) Aqua Kobold (14) Deceased
11) Cheysuli (12) 26/26 HP
12) Brown Scale Kobold (12) 8 Damage
13) Sling Kobold (9)
14) Miranna (8) 7/29 HP
12) Brenwar (2) 29/29 HP
[/sblock]

Miranna focuses her mind and begins twirling her sword through arcane passes, weaving a wall of steel as she completes the arcane motions, until finally in a sudden burst she sweeps the blade in a semi-circle sending a wave of force toward the kobolds. One of the shadowscales manages to raise it's shield in time, but the small Javelin wielder is flattened to the ground striking its head off a rock before falling still, and the other shadowscale staggers back, small cuts appearing from thin air on its scales.

As Miranna steps back thinking to escape the kobolds, the three shadowscales step forward, working their swords in tandem to keep her on the defensive as they move forward to box her and the rest of the party in.

[sblock=Actions]
Grey - Immediate Reaction to Shift to S7
Red - Immediate Reaction to Shift to T6
Brown - Immediate Reaction to Shift to S8

Updated Map is Here[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar seeing the chance to flank an opponent moves in behind the red scaled kobold. With a prayer he summons a divine symbol over the kobold challenging it to battle. He quickly lashes out with a hymm to Palladys on his lips. The hammer glows a radiant light as it descends towards the kobold.
[sblock=Actions]
Move Action shift to T5

Minor Action Divine Challenge the red scale kobold

Standard Action Holy Strike the red scale kobold
+2 for flanking with Mr. Bricks, +2 Damage for attacking a Divine Challenged target (1d20+8=11, 1d10+6=16)

11 vs. AC
Damage 16 on the off chance I connect
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Brenwar stroke glances off the kobolds shield as it turns towards him, shoving back hard enough to make Brenwar stumble a step or two off balance.

[sblock=ooc] Ok guys I'm just getting ready to leave for the airport, got a long day/night of flights and layovers so it wont be until tomorrow evening probably. I ended up having to leave early to catch a ride to the airport. Go round one, we made pretty good time on a surprise round and full round. Hopefully once I'm back to posting we'll make equally good time. [/sblock]

Remove ads