• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

[sblock=Malanore]Although Shayla isn't in the conv right now, she is in the building, and that freaky voice almost certainly would have caught her attention, you are the party cleric after all![/sblock]

When Patronis goes stiff beside her and that hideous voice issues from his rigid throat, Cheysuli lets out a horrified shriek and throws herself to the floor; away from the other warlock. All of the hairs on her body stand up in alarm, and the room seems detatched from all that is natural. An unknown scent reaches her nose; filling her mind with images of destruction and flames, her eyes sting and streams of tears flow down her face.

Although scared for herself, Chey is more concerned for her new friend; his body taken over by some malignant creature, determined to save him in some way. She listens; as intently as she can manage, to what the demonic voice says, all the while trying to sense any arcane power and racking her memory for any tales of similar possesions, or perhaps a clue as to who the speaker is.

[sblock=Skills]
Knowledge of possesions, and possibly which demon is speaking:
Arcana 1d20+8 =19, History 1d20+3 =15, Insight 1d20+6 =7, Religion 1d20+3 =18
to detect magic at work:
Arcana (1d20+8=14)[/sblock]

When Patronis returns to himself and his body relaxes, an overwhelming feeling of relief floods through Cheysuli's body. She leaps up from the floor and folds Patronis in a great hug, for the moment oblivious to his aversion to touch. "It's gone now, whatever it was... Are you hurt? Do you know what happened?"

Rathan

First Post
Help me concentrate... is all she gets from him at the moment as he searches the air and their surroundings for arcane trails left over from his possession.... Patronis felt move safe than he had in a long time within the packmates ares.... his mind was able to focus more clearly on his search she she held him and the experience he just felt seemed to be lessened a bit as she embraced him... it was a feeling of safety he'd not had in many many years.....

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks stands fore square in front of the big door. "Keep your eyes open, Bren. Time for me to earn my keep."
Mr Bricks has his tools in his hands so quickly that Brenwar could barely see where they came from and then he gets to work on the lock.
[sblock=Thievery roll]
Picking the big lock (1d20+9=23)[/sblock]
Assuming the attempt is successful the lock opens with a satisfying clunk. Mr Bricks pushes (or pulls) at the door and prays to the fickle thieves' gods that the hinges have been oiled recently. When the door is open enough to allow him through Mr Bricks whispers to Brenwar, "Give us a shout if those bizzies come back - I'm goin' in."
[sblock=new shadows, new sneaking]
Sneaking about (1d20+9=20)[/sblock]
With that and as quiet as a ghost Mr Bricks sneaks through the open door...

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 6/7
Action Points 0 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
The only useful thing Chey can gather is that based on his personal experience with the last planar breach, the demon inhabiting Patronis may have close ties with the Oni forces and his portfolio is aligned with that of Zal' Ekthees. While their agendas are not identical they are most likely complimentary.

As Mr. Bricks pushes the door open a hair and slides through, he steps quickly aside into one of the few shadow alcoves available to him. The courtyard is brightly lit, containing an opulent home, and two low, squat buildings. All have several more dragonborn guards, and the home itself has another gate, this one of wrought iron bearing a symbol of some sort that is hard to make out.

Rapida

First Post
Seeing the nimble thief slip through the door without any hesitation Brenwar doesn't even bother warning him that this doesn't seem like such a great idea. Instead he, for lack of better things to do, turns and watches the street.

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks slips as closely as he can to the wrought iron gates to get a better look at the symbol.

[sblock=Perception roll, should it be necessary]Perception roll (1d20+7=24)[/sblock]

He tries as hard as he can to try to remember if the symbol reminds him of anything.
[sblock=Memory roll]Memory roll (1d20=16) If this roll isn't appropriate adapt it as you see fit.[/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 6/7
Action Points 0 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Mr Bricks realizes that the guards standing around the courtyard bear the same symbol. It appears to be a silvered dragon on a field of black with a starburst. This is most likely the local lords coat of arms.

Rapida

First Post
[sblock] Negative captain, just can't really do things in Brenwar's current situation and I am mostly a reactionary player anyway..[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm here, just waiting for the scenes already started to finish. I missed most of the beginning of this and don't really see a good way to jump in the middle without trying to explain away where I been this whole time. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that Shayla just turned in early for the night or something(8 Constitution and 2 days of walking, that's actually pretty likely)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads