• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Velmont

First Post
"I agree with Calenthag. Drgo, i can even go alone if you prefer. I can stay hidden when needed, you choose. Calenthang, take good care of Felmir." Sielwoodan whisper to his Mule some word, and than start to walk in direction of the Hill, leaving his backpack on the Mule.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Quickly putting Mother Grundy's stock to the test, Ayden applies the repellant carefully, trying to cover every area of exposed skin that he can.

~If they can get through Moss's hide, they are truly brutes among their kind...~

At the mention of breaking up the party to examine the hill, Ayden's first instinct is to quickly warn against it, but it seems all save Drogo and himself are in favor of the idea.

Turning to face Sielwoodan, Ayden tries to help him out in his own way.

"If there are lizard men there and the common tongue does not work, the word for peace is serittish and parley shenis. However, I also would feel much better if we all simply went there together to show we have nothing to hide from them."

Velmont

First Post
Just before dissapearing behind a tree, Sielwoodan come to a stop, and looks back at Ayden. "It is one thing to show we have nothing to hide, it is another thing to let's them prepare our death. If we can see everything from that hill, everyone in the swamp will be able to see us. With what the villager as told to us, I would prefer surprise the lizards and show we doesn't want toharm them on the moment rather than letting them thing we are there to track them and we have no fear of them, as they can think that too, and sorry, but with al the weapon we carry, I would rather think the later rather we are here in peace. Still want to come?"

hippocrachus

First Post
When Sielwoodan has left, Calenthang addresses Ayden. "Friend Ayden, do not fear, that one merely has an itch to explore. Sometimes we all wish to do things our own way," he says hoping to reach an understanding.

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Looking rather tired and irritated, Caelbryn sits on a tree stump and swats ineffectively at the mosquitoes swarming around him. "Well, at least we don't have to climb that hill. I'm sure we can have a wonderful time sitting around here, and it will give us more opportunity to... eh... study the indigenous wildlife. Hey, is there any more of that repellent?"

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been busy. I should be able to post at least once a day for a while now.

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan will sneak up the hill and try to spot all the interesting landmarks, if there is some way better to reach them rather the straight line, and any other thing that would help them to travel through the swamp.

During his exploration, he will have his bow with an arrow ready at all time.

Majin

First Post
From the vantage point of the hill Sielwoodan can make out what appears to be a busy worksite a little under a mile away. Men and horses toil feverishly in the hot sun, dragging baskets with them back and forth, (It is not possible to tell what they are carrying in them from here) putting the finishing touches on a gully dam set between two hills and enlarge a large, partially filled pond behind the dam. The pond seems to be lined with shale to keep the water from seeping back out into the surrounding soil.

To the west and south of the reservoir you see a haphazard camp of shapeless tents and lazily smoking fires. It looks like another group of men, equal in size to the work force in the reservoir is lounging about to pass the time.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
"I happen to have two extra vials, Caelbryn. Mother Grundy says it will last for at least a day though, so you should be fine..." he says, finishing his own application of the repellent.

Verbatim

Explorer
As the elvish hunter disappeared into the wildlife around them, Ayden turned as Calanthang tried to ease his over cautious nature.

"It is not that I do not appreciate what he is trying to do, but while he may be at home in this environment, I would be wrong to say I shared that ease. Also, while he may be an expert of hiding, he still smells of man, and I'm afraid that even his hiding skills will not mask that smell."

Pacing until Sielwooden hopefully returns, Ayden prays that his fears are just that, overcautious worry.

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang smiles at Ayden. "If he smells of man, then I must say, you humans have a willful stench," he says with a laugh. "If he has not returned in a few minutes we can go and look after him. Something tells me the lizardfolk do not come around this area so often anymore."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads