• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Le Games: Apology to the Gaming Community

aegean

First Post
To be honest I have never heard of you nor you products - just came over after a posting about possible free stuff over a Dundjinni - will download you apologies freebies and then may buy stuff based on that.

Surprised you got caught - I would have used a 3rd person proxy, the temptation to do it has to be huge based on how easy it is to create accounts - anyway big of you to apologise.

I also would like site to indicate who actually bought the product within a review posting if that's possible.

But I do also agree with somebody saying "caveat emptor"

resistor

First Post
While I appreciate your apology and its sincerity, I don't think giving away some free stuff is going to magically make everything better.

I'm not writing you off forever, but you've definitely lost my trust. It will take time to re-earn that. You taken the right first step, but it's not an immediate thing.

Treebore

First Post
... I don't think giving away some free stuff is going to magically make everything better.

Its not meant to. You ever have a misunderstanding with a friend or family member, and want to do something to prove the apologies are sincere? Well, the only thing he can do along those lines is offer the products for free or discounted.

He has apologized and offered restitution in an effort to prove his sincerity. So we either forgive, or we don't.

resistor

First Post
He has apologized and offered restitution in an effort to prove his sincerity. So we either forgive, or we don't.

Like I said, I think he's doing the right thing. I applaud his taking the first step towards regaining trust. I forgive him, but that doesn't change the fact that my trust has been betrayed, and it will take a while to re-earn it.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Gotta say, despite being disappointed about all this, The Le has otherwise (AFAICS) been a class act. Something to consider, yes.

Whatever the case, hope things turn out OK for you in the end, 'Mr. The Le'. :)

CountPopeula

First Post
Its not meant to. You ever have a misunderstanding with a friend or family member, and want to do something to prove the apologies are sincere? Well, the only thing he can do along those lines is offer the products for free or discounted.

He could specify which products he posted false reviews for and offer refunds. That would be restitution.

This way, he loses nothing and possibly makes more money. That's not being punished.

deeprlyeh

First Post
"Smacks TheLe on the hand..."

Even though I don't agree with the pratice of shilling.
It's not uncommon.
He got caught.
Then Owned the mistake.

Moral of the story is there are dozens of shills on these websites. Here on enword, on DriveThru, and any other website.

Urizen

First Post
"Smacks TheLe on the hand..."

Even though I don't agree with the pratice of shilling.
It's not uncommon.
He got caught.
Then Owned the mistake.

Moral of the story is there are dozens of shills on these websites. Here on enword, on DriveThru, and any other website.

*Peers closely*

Ok you have 1 post. That you in there Thele?

See. That's the problem, isn't it?

It could be him, might be someone else...

Hell it could be me.

We just don't know, now do we.

If you aren't Thele, I think this was a bad thread for you to make your first post in, given the subject matter. ;)

CountPopeula

First Post
*Peers closely*

Ok you have 1 post. That you in there Thele?

See. That's the problem, isn't it?

It could be him, might be someone else...

Hell it could be me.

We just don't know, now do we.

If you aren't Thele, I think this was a bad thread for you to make your first post in, given the subject matter. ;)

Maybe that was the point?

But I have to say that "Other people do it" isn't a defense with this any more than it is with, oh, say, steroids.

Remove ads