D&D 5E The Light of Civilization - A 5e Renaissance Story [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
I figured Magdelena picked it up when sensing it's magic...

As much as it hurts me to my RPG gamer roots to say, I don't think Arcata's got the mindset to search bodies yet. She ain't that hardened. :)

Jago

Explorer
Yes, Magdalena would have confiscated it. Did I get anything about its properties with Detect Magic? I suppose I will have to short rest with it to determine it truly.[/URL]

Yes, Short Rest to fully identify or if you have 100 GP of material laying around, there's always the Identify Spell.

One Hour or One Hundred Gold ... Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, I believe I noted earlier in this thread, I think, that Detect Magic marked the Wand as giving off a strong Evocation aura.

Shayuri

First Post
Can Paladins use Identify?

Also, the 100gp is at least a one-time cost. In 5th ed, material components aren't exhausted unless the spell description specifically states they are. So hang onto that pearl. :)

Jago

Explorer
I actually do not believe anyone has Identify, I was just making a joke over how, at least for me, I'm fine waiting an hour for my magic item to tell me what it does versus paying money, lol.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jilliana has Identify as a Cleric spell/ritual, but does not have the components. However...

I think that I would like to try out the new Artificer class, if that is still allowed, and will write up the re-spec tomorrow. And in that case, she has Identify as an Artificer ritual, with no component needed. So she will be able to Identify the wand, once we have made our introductions.

Jago

Explorer
Jilliana has Identify as a Cleric spell/ritual, but does not have the components. However...

I think that I would like to try out the new Artificer class, if that is still allowed, and will write up the re-spec tomorrow. And in that case, she has Identify as an Artificer ritual, with no component needed. So she will be able to Identify the wand, once we have made our introductions.

It is allowed if you would like to stat her up, mate! Looking forward to seeing it

Remove ads