"The Marvels" - Teaser

(A) I mean that it didn't feel like a comic book movie. There weren't any superpowered heroes; normal dudes like prison guards were a significant obstacle that required thinking to get around; no knocking people through brick walls; etc.

(B) I thought I answered the question, but clearly you're looking for something more. What is "the level of treatment" if it's not an initial reaction to a movie trailer?
Yes, that's what I asked. It wasn't what you answered, though. You answered the question about you being a comic book fan.
I'm not a fan of comics. I liked Guardians of the Galaxy because it DIDN'T feel like a comic book movie. No superpowers, no punching people through brick walls. Does that answer your question?
That statement to me seems to address what you liked about the movie, not the trailer. I was wondering if you are giving The Marvels the same treatment you gave guardians. Watching the Guardians trailer one, did you feel the movie was boring, the movie wasn't funny, the movie will be forgettable?
Are you asking if I went out and read the comic book versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy? I thought I answered that already, but no, I did not.
No, not what I was asking. You answered that already.
(C) I took your advice and spent a minute googling "The Marvels trailer reaction". What I found confirmed that you were exaggerating/strawmanning: nobody that I saw was claiming that The Marvels was single-handedly bankrupting Disney (as opposed to a series of decisions of which The Marvels is only a symptom).
I may have been a little hyperbolic, sure, but if you'd read through just the titles of the videos that come up when you search The Marvels trailer reaction you can see how polarized the reactions, and the creators' feelings towards Brie Larson in particular seem to be.
You started off polite, pretending to be honestly curious, but by now I'm tired. You're neither honestly curious about my perspective nor appreciative of the time I've taken to answer your questions. Don't bother answering (B). Goodbye.
I'm not sure what I said that wasn't polite or made it seem as if i'm not interested in your perspective, but okay. Thank you for the interesting discussion. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Yes, that's what I asked. It wasn't what you answered, though. You answered the question about you being a comic book fan.

That statement to me seems to address what you liked about the movie, not the trailer. I was wondering if you are giving The Marvels the same treatment you gave guardians. Watching the Guardians trailer one, did you feel the movie was boring, the movie wasn't funny, the movie will be forgettable?
Answered already in post #215.

'I honestly was not interested in Guardians of the Galaxy after seeing Trailer 1, but I remember Trailer 2 made me immediately sit up and go, "actually, I want to see that movie."'

'I honestly was not interested in Guardians of the Galaxy after seeing Trailer 1, but I remember Trailer 2 made me immediately sit up and go, "actually, I want to see that movie."'
Why? There isn't much difference between the trailers. It seems odd to go from, "Meh... looks boring and not funny," to "Actually, I want to go see it," from watching two not so different trailers. The issue that you have, and probably the reason you get some strong reactions from some of the others responding to your posts, is that it appears as if you're trying hard, maybe too hard, to justify why The Marvels is a boring movie and the hate it has gotten is due to the trailer making the movie appear boring and/or not funny rather than the politicization of Disney, Brie Larson, and movies with female leads. Plus, the level of ignorance or unawareness (that word doesn't sound right to me) you claim about the reasons people hate the movie (politics, anti-feminism, masogy, etc.) seems purposeful rather than realistic. It's definitely possible that you are unaware of the things happening in society and the politicization of almost everything and the culture nuclear war that is happening, but it might been fake to others. Again, I'm not saying you're being fake, but it can appear to others that you are being fake. You could ignore social media and the major news outlets that have made watching the news an exercise in masochism (wish I could figure out how to do so myself), but you're obviously using the internet, and at least interacting with others on this site. While Enworld has a policy against posts with certain topics, there are some posts throughout the site which are banned-topic-adjacent, or at least skirt the edges of such topics, some of which you have participated in. So it might seem to others that you are aware of the current culture clashes happening but purposefully ignore them to make or support a particular point of view.
Basically, it appears you are trying too hard to justify why The Marvels trailer is the most hated trailer to date. When someone tries too hard to justify such reaction, or really anything, it comes off as disingenuous. I'm not saying you're being disingenuous, just that it appears you're being disingenuous.

I still think the trailer looks great. The movie seems interesting. It has several humorous moments. It has action. It has every element that made the Guardians trailers 1 & 2 work. It gives enough information as to what is happening that viewers can follow along. Does it give away the entire plot of the movie and spoon feed you all the information about all the characters and why things are happening? No, and it's not supposed to. It's a teaser trailer. Besides, if the trailer did give away the plot and showed more, people would probably complain that the trailer gave away the movie and now there is no reason to watch it. Personally, I'm looking forward to the next trailer, which hopefully is a regular trailer rather than another teaser trailer

So... just realized Dar-benn, the villain wit the big hammer, has a band that appears to glow with some of that tasty cosmic energy, and Khamala only has one band. I wonder if they are a matching pair.

pukunui

Legend
So... just realized Dar-benn, the villain wit the big hammer, has a band that appears to glow with some of that tasty cosmic energy, and Khamala only has one band. I wonder if they are a matching pair.
Oh, and because she's got blue-skinned aliens among her allies, perhaps those bangles are Kree tech as we've long speculated.

Ms Marvel also established that there were supposed to be two bangles but the Djinn were only able to find one in that temple (on a suspiciously blue-skinned arm).

Oh, and because she's got blue-skinned aliens among her allies, perhaps those bangles are Kree tech as we've long speculated.

Ms Marvel also established that there were supposed to be two bangles but the Djinn were only able to find one in that temple (on a suspiciously blue-skinned arm).
Was that from the Ms Marvel show?

Remove ads