The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Velmont

First Post
I'd do what some other teams did with their own lemon players, "loan" them to a European or AHL team (I believe Huet had this) to get his salary off the cap. 7 million would buy at least one top 6 forward (preferably a large, power-forward) with some savings to keep for when Subban/Price need to be re-signed.

Price worth already 5 millions, and his stability and performance worth it. But considering the price of the goaltender these time, I doubt he will gain more. PK is another thing, but I expect that when he will be resigned, Markov will not be there anymore.

For next year, Canadiens have a great goaltender, have a good defensive (at the condition Markov and Georges both come back healthy). They will even need to choose who to cut down, as they will have 10 defense I think.

Now, the attack need some serious upgrade. Gomez is on a downward and doesn't worth his almost 8 millions. Kostitsyn lack constancy (he was on a down during the match 7, really bad timing). Pacioretty and Gionta are good but are not superstar. Plekanec is really good and a complete player and have shown great thing during 2010. Pacioretty is promising if he fully recover from his head wound (Not sure how we say in english Comotion Cerebral). Desharnais is small but have a lot in him... he could do better than what Gomez did this year I think. Pouliot talent is completely gone. And the others doesn't have the talent to play on the two first line.

The DG of the team will have to work to make the offense better, as this year, the team empty the school team to replace the many wounded.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, the test of the Wild Turkey American Honey with Diet 7-up mixer is amended as follows: 3 parts 7 up to one part of whiskey is too weak. so far two to one is best. going to try the other way around when My tasebuds clear from dinner. will start with 2 parts whiskey to one part 7 up next.

Update: 2 parts whisky and 1 part 7 up was perfect! I would like to call the drink "7 wild Americans!"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

an angry sreaming match between a man and a woman is not where i would want to be caught between.

besides, i now have to enjoy!

Attachments

• Picture0035.JPG
    Picture0035.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 50

Scott DeWar

menu for lunch:
steamed spinach with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and butter served with a sauce of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey.

The main dish is cod batter dipped and cooked in olive oil seasoned with Italian seasonings, garlic sea salt and fresh ground pepper
this served with rice with broccoli.

that was lunch for me. Cooked by me.

Rhun

First Post
menu for lunch:
steamed spinach with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and butter served with a sauce of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey.

The main dish is cod batter dipped and cooked in olive oil seasoned with Italian seasonings, garlic sea salt and fresh ground pepper
this served with rice with broccoli.

that was lunch for me. Cooked by me.

Now you know why the 24 year old likes you...you can cook. :)

Remove ads