The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
I figure DeWar might get a kick out of this.

My boys have delved into my old print Dungeon/Dragon magazines and flip through them as well as the old 3e/3.5e MM's. I thought cool, I'll give them a copy (I have two) of the 4e MM and they can have that one too, it's got a more evocative cover than the 3e ones (at least IMO). They both flipped through it, "No daddy, I don't like this one, it's no good, I want the one with the eye on the front, like this eye (points to their eye) this red monster no good"

Apparently I'll have an edition war in my own home! Oh dear... at least they like D&D :)

Oh, and we watched the D&D movie the other day...terrible, just terrible, but they seemed to like it. And we watched the Princess Bride last night, so much better, and they loved Andre the Giant in it, they were amazed how big he was. "Daddy, lookit the giant, is he the stone giant? Look he's got the stone" was their first question. I decided he was more of a hill giant, he wasn't tall enough to be a stone one.

Rhun

First Post
Oh, and we watched the D&D movie the other day...terrible, just terrible, but they seemed to like it. And we watched the Princess Bride last night, so much better, and they loved Andre the Giant in it, they were amazed how big he was. "Daddy, lookit the giant, is he the stone giant? Look he's got the stone" was their first question. I decided he was more of a hill giant, he wasn't tall enough to be a stone one.

More like a half-ogre, maybe. :)

Still 7'4" tall and around 500 lbs is pretty damn big!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I figure DeWar might get a kick out of this.

I thought cool, I'll give them a copy (I have two) of the 4e MM and they can have that one too, it's got a more evocative cover than the 3e ones (at least IMO). They both flipped through it, "No daddy, I don't like this one, it's no good, I want the one with the eye on the front, like this eye (points to their eye) this red monster no good"

Apparently I'll have an edition war in my own home! Oh dear... at least they like D&D :) .

[sblock=laughter] hee hee hee he he he ha ha ha heh heh heh ho ho ho! ad infintium[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

I am just proving that I got a kick out of it! now teasing would be : Ryan, have noticed how close I have gotten to you in xp? You are next in line!

I use to be even with Leif, I think.

Scott DeWar

Actually i get the notice of people like Dar Jr who can give 10 xp at a time, and have no limits as to how mant\y times a day or how long its been since the last time given. i got all three times (X10 EACH!) in the same thread and on the same day, consecutive almost.

Remove ads