• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Rhun

First Post
Actually i get the notice of people like Dar Jr who can give 10 xp at a time, and have no limits as to how manty times a day or how long its been since the last time given. i got all three times (X10 EACH!) in the same thread and on the same day, consecutive almost.

Really? That's pretty cool. I don't even know who Dar Jr is.

renau1g

First Post
Dewar, teasing Ryan isn't very nice. :)

And Ryan, how do the kids like your Pathfinder books?

Errr....I don't actually have the print books, because I do all my PF gaming online I only bought the PDFs of the APG and the Core book. I do have the physical Kingmaker AP which they do enjoy.

Rhun

First Post
Errr....I don't actually have the print books, because I do all my PF gaming online I only bought the PDFs of the APG and the Core book. I do have the physical Kingmaker AP which they do enjoy.

The only reason I have some of the physical books is I got a sweet deal on ebay for them.

renau1g

First Post
Funny enough I've got way more 3.xe hard copy stuff than 4e with the switch to a more digital distribution method in 4e and the change in prose to a more textbook/rulebook format there's only minimal reason to buy the books (at least until recently, they've started now adding some really great fluff). In 3.xe I also had a RL group that was pretty into it and we'd all put $20/month into the gaming pot to buy new books for teh group. We had all the Complete books, a ton of books for the Forgotten Realms (our campaign setting of choice), and a whole whack of miscellaneous ones (Weapons of Legacy, and Savage Species).

For 4e I only own the core 3, the two FR books (Players guide and DM one), the Adventurer's Vault (a book of magic items) and the DM one for Eberron.

Rhun

First Post
a ton of books for the Forgotten Realms (our campaign setting of choice),

You know, I loved the Realms when they first came out. I have the original boxed set still. But why the time 3E rolled around, I feel like they just completely jacked the setting up. I stopped buying anything related to it. I think I may have one or two 3E Forgotten Realms books, and that is it.

renau1g

First Post
I never played with the first boxed set, but I was introduced to D&D through the Baldur's Gate II video game and then through our DM who was a fan of the realms (in 2e). I never really saw much changes to the setting until 4e as I only started DM'ing in 3e so that was my reference point. The 3e campaign book is still one of the best sourcebooks I've ever purchased (IMO), there was tons of great stuff in there for me as a DM and when 4e came about I hated the changes so much we ran the realms as per the 3e timeline so that book was still more valuable to me than the 4e one.

Remove ads