The new Bats v Supes trailer looks AWESOME!

It's possible. People have been speculating for a while that Lex creates Doomsday from Zod's DNA.
That's what I figured they'd do. I hope they don't go that route. Doomsday already has a weak origin story. This is just going to be a really lazy way of cramming Doomsday into the DC movie universe. It doesn't give me much confidence that Superman VS Batman, or any of the movies they're planning, would be good.

Personally, I would rather they wait on introducing Doomsday.
So would I.
However, if they don't plan on going with the Doomsday kills Superman plotline, then I could see it working (though I can also see a fair amount of comic fan rage for making that change as well).
They probably won't go with the Doomsday killing Superman plot line. I really hope they don't. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, though. In any case, if they do have Doomsday in the movie, I'm guessing that's how they get Supes and Bats to start dating and team up against the BBEG, Doomsday, and get the rest of the Justice League to decide to team up. You know, the whole "We must unite our superpowers against world shaking evil, like Zombie-Zod, I mean, Doomsday."

MechaPilot

Explorer
The other reason I don't want Doomsday yet is because it doesn't make sense. Genetics is tricky. Alien genetics is probably moreso. Even Lex would likely make serious mistakes the first time. To me, Bizarro being a failed attempt to clone Zod would make a better start than going right to Doomsday.

If Doomsday is in the film, I want to see him in an artificial womb at LexCorp and not in action. That said, I have no real attachment to the Doomsday villain. If they want to use him as a throwaway villain just to get the Justice League together, he is powerful enough to warrant a team-up (especially if no one is going to die in defeating/killing him).

I am curious about the Aquaman and Cyborg appearances in the film though. So far, the only thing we've seen that could hint at Aquaman is a child diving underwater for something. The oceans probably took a real pounding from the world engine in MoS. I could see Aquaman coming to the surface pissed off about the attack on his domain. It might be interesting if Aquaman was the one fighting Wonder Woman in the trailer.

However, nothing so far (in the trailer or in other news) hints at Aquaman having much of a role in the film. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman has been described as having a small but pivotal role in connecting Batman and Superman with the Justice League.

The other reason I don't want Doomsday yet is because it doesn't make sense. Genetics is tricky. Alien genetics is probably moreso. Even Lex would likely make serious mistakes the first time. To me, Bizarro being a failed attempt to clone Zod would make a better start than going right to Doomsday.
1b3c59c209ddd14d6645c9db131432bbffc2ecf3c1d085d81c61ada33aae4fd1.jpg

If Doomsday is in the film, I want to see him in an artificial womb at LexCorp and not in action. That said, I have no real attachment to the Doomsday villain. If they want to use him as a throwaway villain just to get the Justice League together, he is powerful enough to warrant a team-up (especially if no one is going to die in defeating/killing him).
To be honest, I'd rather not see him in this or any other film. He was a cheap trick to get people to pay attention to Superman comics when Supe's popularity had dropped significantly.

I am curious about the Aquaman and Cyborg appearances in the film though. So far, the only thing we've seen that could hint at Aquaman is a child diving underwater for something. The oceans probably took a real pounding from the world engine in MoS. I could see Aquaman coming to the surface pissed off about the attack on his domain. It might be interesting if Aquaman was the one fighting Wonder Woman in the trailer.
If it was Aquaman she is fighting, that would be interesting.

However, nothing so far (in the trailer or in other news) hints at Aquaman having much of a role in the film. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman has been described as having a small but pivotal role in connecting Batman and Superman with the Justice League.
If I remember correctly, there was an article where they mentioned that Aquaman's role was minimal. I think you see him in the background while Bruce Wayne is buying an ice-cream cone or something.

Seriously though, I'm also curious what they've planned for Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

The Yellow Pill

First Post
So first Michael Shannon says he was filmed with flipper hands, suggesting it was mo-cop for something like Doomsday. Then he says that was a total joke and he's just "a ghost."

The more interesting possibility is that Luthor successfully initiates a Zod hologram like Jor-El in MoS and interrogates him, giving him access to all kinds of info, including ways to get around the genetic engineering problem MechaPilot mentioned.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Regrettably, I think Doomsday is going to be in BvS. I think Shannon's first comments were accurate (even if his "flipper" description of the prosthetic was not) and that his second comments are backpedaling.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
New clip of Bats v Sups. More context around Bat's question about Sups' cycle.

Sorry you have to see Conan to watch the clip.

http://teamcoco.com/video/zack-snyder-superman-clip

meh, since the reveal that they would be doing a buddy up against Doomatello I've had pretty much no interest in seeing this movie and the clip here just makes me sad. They had so much potential to work with and instead resorted to cheap tricks in order to gain ground against Marvel.

They should have maintain the grim Supes vs Bats vibe and then had Aquaman declaring war against the Air breathers not thrown everything out the window for a bit of spectacle

Ryujin

Legend
You never know; they could make it interesting by having Doomsday kill Supes. (... and then break death in the movies the same way that they did in the comics, for sequels)

Remove ads