• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saterus

First Post
Hi everyone. I've got an itch to play D&D but no friends to play it with anymore. I used to play a couple years ago (though pretty unsuccessfully on a whole) and lately I've had an itch to play. Unfortunately all my friends I used to play with have either went off to college, dropped out, or moved away. I remember this site being enormous and constantly having long running games going. I'd like to play a few games here and then maybe try to teach some of the other friends to play and dm them, but I'd rather get a good game or two under my belt. None of the games I ever played with my old friends ever worked. None of us never played with a good dm before, so we didn't know what it was like. I don't have any of the 3.5 books, just 3.0, but it shouldnt be too different. I've been brushing up on the rules recently.

I'd like to join a game here. I can post everyday and will stick with it. Now I'm going to go try to find a game to play in.

StupidSmurf

First Post
::waves::

Hello....yes, I'm new here. My friend and co-worker who sits in the cubicle next to mine (a fellow gamer! Huzzah!) showed me this site and I just had to join up. My real name is John, and my claim to supposed fame is that I wrote a lot of gaming stuff for TSR and West End Games.

Happy to be here!

reveal

Adventurer
Hello all you new people! Welcome to the happiest place on Earth... Tijuana!

Wait, that's not right...

cat o nine mice

First Post
Hello, and thank you for having me

Hi everyone, it's great to be here.
I've scanned the board and this is definitely the place to be!
I have been playing D&D off and on for twenty years or so,
we started with a group of eight and a basic set. It was
ultimately whittled down to two players, one DM, and a roomful
of N.p.c.s! It happens.. Looking for additional players in the
Minneapolis, Minnesota area for face to face gaming. If you
are interested, please respnd to cat o nine mice.
Ciao and meow, babies!

IronWolf

blank
cat o nine mice said:
Hi everyone, it's great to be here.
I've scanned the board and this is definitely the place to be!
I have been playing D&D off and on for twenty years or so,
we started with a group of eight and a basic set. It was
ultimately whittled down to two players, one DM, and a roomful
of N.p.c.s! It happens.. Looking for additional players in the
Minneapolis, Minnesota area for face to face gaming. If you
are interested, please respnd to cat o nine mice.
Ciao and meow, babies!

Welcome! You have found a great place on the net for questions and suggestion on the game and hanging out in general! You might want to post in the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum for your quest for more players or see if anyone else in your area is looking. Enjoy!

StupidSmurf

First Post
the Jester said:
Hey Smurf, you've got an ally or relative here- Hypersmurf. He's one of our resident rules gurus, too!

Welcome aboard!

Ah....Smurfs! Is there anything they CAN'T do? I've used this handle on several different forums (Rotten Tomatoes comes to mind). My wife and I have tried to put together an icon showing a Smurf with one thumb up his nose and the other up his butt, all the while doing that vacant, open-mouthed smile so characteristic of the Smurfs. Alas, we've been dragging our feet...and I have a different icon idea I want to use anyways! ;)

But seriously, this site looks cool. Thanks for the welcome! I think I'm-a gonna like it here. :D

First Post
Salutations!

Many hearty thanks for a enjoyable tour of the site. I was searching the web for some inspiration and ideas for a game I'm running (this was about two weeks ago), when I found EN World. I've been hooked here ever since. Now that I've had the chance to browse some of the features, what an extensive set of options that you have. On a more selfish note, and something that is causing me to neglect my duties at home (tongue in cheek), I've been hooked on the Story Hour segment - so, many thanks to all the authors and GM's who have graciously taken the time to share their world's and sessions.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Howdy y'all. I've been a lurker around here for a long time, but just made my first post in the General forum. So technically, this is my second post.

Bullgrit,

Y'all come back now, y'hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads