The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon

Thx, Rhun. Was busy all week trying to finish up the editing I'd been hired to do on someone else's Doctor of Ministry thesis. I've got it finished and printed now, plus off to the bindery, so now looks like the time to get a post up in the IC.

Good thing I stipulated "leisurely pace" for this game. Knew I'd need that. :)

jackslate45

First Post
Thx, Rhun. Was busy all week trying to finish up the editing I'd been hired to do on someone else's Doctor of Ministry thesis. I've got it finished and printed now, plus off to the bindery, so now looks like the time to get a post up in the IC.

Good thing I stipulated "leisurely pace" for this game. Knew I'd need that. :)

That sounds complicated...

granted, anytime Doctor of ... is involved, it is complicated.

At this late stage, it wasn't too bad of a project. About 100 pages, when it was all done. The author had it in miserable shape in March, back when I first took it on. Three re-writes by the author were required before the school would agree to publish it so he/she could graduate. On the plus side, that meant I got paid to edit each draft. Tedious, but profitable. The true upside was being part of something interesting, even if I wasn't the originating author.

If anyone out there has good writing/grammar skills, you might consider this kind of work in the future.

Rhun

First Post
At this late stage, it wasn't too bad of a project. About 100 pages, when it was all done. The author had it in miserable shape in March, back when I first took it on. Three re-writes by the author were required before the school would agree to publish it so he/she could graduate. On the plus side, that meant I got paid to edit each draft. Tedious, but profitable. The true upside was being part of something interesting, even if I wasn't the originating author.

If anyone out there has good writing/grammar skills, you might consider this kind of work in the future.

Hmmm, really? Where can I find out more about such things? I could certainly use some extra cash.

Hmmm, really? Where can I find out more about such things? I could certainly use some extra cash.
Check with the reference librarians at your local degree-granting institutions. There are usually always Masters or higher level students who struggle with editing their theses/dissertations. If you come prepared with a resume, business card, and perhaps a sample of your writing, I'm betting you could put your name in the running as a potential editor-for-hire.

Rhun

First Post
Check with the reference librarians at your local degree-granting institutions. There are usually always Masters or higher level students who struggle with editing their theses/dissertations. If you come prepared with a resume, business card, and perhaps a sample of your writing, I'm betting you could put your name in the running as a potential editor-for-hire.

I may just give that a try. Thanks, CB!

Updated my last post in the IC with an edit.

*waves magic DM stick with a flick and a swish*

The group is now at the tower of Uz-Kala. Good luck and God speed.

Remove ads