The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Shayuri

First Post
Maybe a reboot is in order?

Not from scratch of course, but like a kind of spiritual reboot, with old characters having a chance to re-establish themselves, and new characters put on equal footing with them.

We can do a little timeskip perhaps...it would be hard to bring new PCs into the current scenario and avoid the 'New PC Syndrome' I think.

Then we could either just retcon it and do it over again...because really we've barely even started it...or we can just press onward with other things.

The timeskip would be strictly a narrative structure, I would think. Maybe the characters go do their own things for awhile in the game's story, then return to the Vashti.

Gives us all a nice re-introduction and a chance to rethink and revise...and puts us on equal footing as the Vashti's new students, whom we are meeting for the first time both in and out of the game.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Just give me advance warning if I have to redo Mystal by PF rules - I would have to find class(es?) to fit/describe/do what he can do. Obviously, stealth and some alpha-striking damage would be in order so monk/rogue perhaps?

Also, if we do some side-quest as re-introduction, start a new thread for that :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
To be honest I'm fine with the swordsage as it is (apart from converting skills etc.) - since the rest of the BO9S stuff is a sub-system of d20 it works fine as a subsystem to the Pathfinder variant of d20. That conversion seemed a little bland to me, not much different from a monk.

As to Shay's idea, that'd work. There's a side adventure that could be explored that's not so tied to the main plot that new characters would feel lost.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If we're doing the 'reboot,' especially starting with a new adventure wherein I wouldn't have that starting mid-stream syndrome, that might solve my issues. I've got a couple of ideas for characters that I could look at with an eye to putting them in the Creative Conclave world.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, in looking at the ideas I had I don't think any of them are really very workable after all. I'd probably better bow out of the reboot as well - I've got a new baby coming in about a month (unless he gets eager to arrive and moves out early), and likely too much on my plate already.

Still got Curse of the Crimson Throne and Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron so I've got no shortage of Dr. Simon games right now :D.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well I suspect a new baby will give you plenty to occupy your time (or at least sleep-exhaust you to the point of dysfunction!) so I understand. I've not forgotten Master of Jade/Mistress of Iron, by the way, just finding the time to sit down and draw a map.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Thanks! No plush dice yet!

It's been ten years since our last one, so I've pretty well forgotten the level of exhaustion that comes with the little bundles of joy. I'll be reminded soon :).

Shayuri

First Post
Hmmm...

Is there some kind of fire-based caster that can base off of Wisdom? I really like the whole 'phoenix mage' thing Annika has going, but the lack of Charisma bonus (from race...the Nai Nek Chai don't get Charisma...though I'm not sure I recall the Pathfinder stats offhand now...) is getting me down. :(

Hm. Though the shapeshifting thing was also a bother.

Maybe I need to just rethink the idea from the start. Hee hee.

Last edited:

Remove ads