The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I've quite lost the 'feel' for Chaarr. I could try to get it back if everyone else wants to, but honestly I've got a TON going on right now gaming wise (including two of Dr. Simon's other games).

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I don't mind continuing, but I thought everyone was too busy...it was slow even before Dr Simon stopped updating. And, Shayuri, don't worry about it, we all had such moments.

I like Mystal and with going PrC next level, I think it will be even more fun - although I loose more powerful maneuvers in the future, story wise it's ... awesome :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hm, not noticed that this post had been updated.

Of course, I've still got a ton of stuff waiting in the wings for RRK and I'd be up for continuing. I think when we left it with the fight with the tagamalang I was waiting for player actions, then it kind of drifted out of the update zone. However if at least some of you are up for it I'll get things moving again. Since you've pretty much got the tagamalang on the ropes anyway and it's a pain to start in the middle of a fight after such a long time I'll skip the end of the fight.

Neurotic

Hm, not noticed that this post had been updated.

Of course, I've still got a ton of stuff waiting in the wings for RRK and I'd be up for continuing. I think when we left it with the fight with the tagamalang I was waiting for player actions, then it kind of drifted out of the update zone. However if at least some of you are up for it I'll get things moving again. Since you've pretty much got the tagamalang on the ropes anyway and it's a pain to start in the middle of a fight after such a long time I'll skip the end of the fight.

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]
Not that I'm complaining, but the fight at the moment is in catching the beast we didn't exchange any attacks...you may be confusing it with Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Shayuri

First Post
I need to do some serious character work with Annika if we're going to go forward.

I really like the whole 'phoenix' thing, but I am bumping into her lack of background more and more...and into some mechanics problems with her race... I feel like I may need to take a step back and re-assess.

But I do like what we've done so far, and it would be nice to move forward if we can.

Neurotic

So, we have Shayuri and me going on and Walking Dad and Mowgli not. Can we recruit new ones? Pathfinder is probably easier for recruitment then any other system currently. Except of course that we're quite custom built.

I would be willing (unwillingly) to change if we really have to :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think one of my problems - and they're both definitely mine and not an issues with the game or the party - has been coming in to the middle of the story. I always struggle with that, and so far the only game in which I've managed to overcome that struggle and really connect with the story and the party has been your Curse of the Crimson Throne game, Dr. Simon.

Another is that, like Shayuri, I'm having some problems with my character. But I'm not really sure what they are. I like his story, and he's got some cool things going on that I can visualize well, but for some reason I'm really not getting into him either RP- or mechanics-wise.

Finally, in the absence of a lot of play in this game, a couple of things have happened. I've lost what little connection I had with the story and I've filled up my time with other projects.

Sorry to disappoint, and I do hope you manage to grab a couple of replacements!

Walking Dad

First Post
For me it is just RL time issues. I like the story, my character and everything, but I fear that I can give the game currently not the attention it deserves.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'm happy if people want to do a rebuild on their characters, after all three of them were created originally under 3.5 rules and then updated to Pathfinder. A whole extra slew of PF rules have come out since which I'm happy to utilise.

Recruiting new players is always an option, but there is the situation that Mowgli mentions, that it's quite hard to come into the middle of the story (and it's one that's not only grown fairly organically around the characters but also one that is very interconnected). What's needed, perhaps, is an introductory side-quest for new characters. Hmm.

Remove ads