The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Shayuri

First Post
Note that in the case of Eldritch Heritage, you wouldn't need more than one feat to get Claws. Just the first would be fine for that.

Of course, if Cha is your dumpstat, that does make it less practical.

That'd seem to leave your options as either enchanting them like a weapon, or hoping Dr Simon approves your PrC.

Hm. You might also page through the Magic Item Compendium. I recall there being some magic items that empowered natural attacks in there. Well, one in particular. An amulet meant for druids that was part of a set. It explicitly works even when melded in wildshape and gives an ongoing +1d6 electric damage to all natural attacks. It's not impossible that such an item, or one like it, could be approved for use in this game.

Zerith

First Post
Yeah, as I said before, amulet of mighty fists, costs 5k for +1 instead of 2k but my character has, at least, 3 natural weapons no matter what; its 20% cheaper then enchanting the natural attacks one by one;)

also, take another look at E.Heritage, it has two requirements: 13 Cha, and skill focus, a feat :/

Dr Simon

Explorer
Onto a new note: I'd like to know more about the Nai-Hempashu.
Do they look just like their animal counterparts, or do they stand out?
Do they act, when acting as a power on the mortal plane, strictly as protectors or can they be wrathful as well? or do they act as something else?
Do they protect natural at large or just animals of their typ/only of their species? or do they act more like lords then wards?
Do they tend to act like their animal counterparts?

Yes to all of that! In other words, they tend to look and behave in a range of different ways that covers all of those options. Generally, however, their animal form will be impressive in some way - from simply a bigger, sleeker and glossier version to strange colourations and glowing gold eyes etc.

Zerith

First Post
hokay, gona roll the hp here, and I take it this means the Nai-Hempashu do not normally grow things like horns and wings when their respective animal dos not have them, good to know for character concept :D

Addon: was thinking of having a Pseudodragon to use as a 'front man' of sorts, and giving it a Ioun Torch :3
both only 275GP XD
Luckily, I think they work for cheese :3

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
I wouldn't say that nai-hempashu always lack unusual features - I can see the possibilities of winged wolves or horned sharks; the Spirit World is unpredictable like that.

Looking back through the thread, I see that we started the new characters, Glip and Chaar, off with 1000gp worth of gear each, so go with that.

I've found in another campaign that pseudodragons can be an annoying spoiler, so no to that unless you don't mind one without the sleep poison.

I was looking at some of the other queries as well. In Arcana Evolved there is a feat, Hands as Weapons, that allows you to then go on to enchant your natural weapons with magical properties:

Hands as Weapons [Ceremonial]
After a ritual in which participants sear your hands with scalding water, your body can hold special magical abilities.
Benefit: A character with this feat can add—or have someone else add—an enhancement bonus or a weapon special ability (such as flaming or disruption) to her unarmed attacks. She must add the bonus or abilities normally, such as by enlisting the aid of someone with the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat, who pays the gold and XP Costs, and so on. Like weapons, these bonuses and abilities can be suppressed, but not permanently dispelled. Obviously, some weapon special abilities, such as dancing, cannot apply to your unarmed attacks.
This feat can be used to modify unarmed attacks with natural weapons such as claws or a bite attack. Characters with more than one unarmed or natural attack need not take this feat multiple times.

I'm perfectly willing to allow this for flaming claws of fury and the like.

Zerith

First Post
Hands as Weapons [Ceremonial]
Hm, there could be a conflict here, claws of the Nai-hempashu from my master shifter class grants an enchantment bonus to natural attacks, deciding on price could be problematic. also, my character is likely going to end up with about 6 natural attacks.. so yeah... given how frugle the game has been thus far, would cost way to much to enchant them all :s
that said, 6 hits from 4 primary and 2 secondary natural weapons at level 9, and he hits hard and commonly even from the secondaries :/

pseudodragons: The posion was not one of the facters I was considering when I decied I wanted one :/
that said I'd be fin with replacing it with an other venom or just flat removing it.
[also, spoiler? do you mean they make things to easy or what?:-S]

and what to do with an extra 500 gp... two more lil dragons with floating stone thingys around their heads! :D
[I might do it, I might not, but their in budget now XD]

And finally, what do you think the odds are of a cat with horns and wings is?

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'd be happy with altering the pseudodragon poison with one that does, say 1d2 Dex per round. It's the sleep venom that is a spoiler, by which, yes I mean it makes things too easy. One hit and a failed save takes a foe out of the fight in one go. Admittedly the DC is low, but coupled with the good Stealth score it's very easy to use them to sneak in and take everyone out. I don't mind clever tactics that avoid combat, but it's one of those things that just too effective.

Cat with horns and wings? Stranger things exist on Conclave. Given the endless creative possibilities of the force of Chaos, it could happen.

Zerith

First Post
excellent :3

Also, I'm planing on taking up the Heavenly and Chaotic bloodline feats as the RP gos on (likely at level 9th and 11th level, I plan on picking up spring attack at level 7 :3)/
Will these feats give my character the Heavenly and Chaotic type listings?
[Humanoid, Animal, Spirit, Shapshifter, lets see if we can get him affected by a few more spells! XD]

Also, by already having a smite, when he grabes the second feat, would he have a pool of two smites a day he can use on either Concordant or Netherworld creatures as he so wishes?:cool:

Dr Simon

Explorer
excellent :3

Also, I'm planing on taking up the Heavenly and Chaotic bloodline feats as the RP gos on (likely at level 9th and 11th level, I plan on picking up spring attack at level 7 :3)/
Will these feats give my character the Heavenly and Chaotic type listings?
[Humanoid, Animal, Spirit, Shapshifter, lets see if we can get him affected by a few more spells! XD]

Also, by already having a smite, when he grabes the second feat, would he have a pool of two smites a day he can use on either Concordant or Netherworld creatures as he so wishes?:cool:

I checked the PDF - as written those feats don't give you the descriptor as well - anyone any thoughts as to wether they should or not? As you say, it'd actually be more of a disadvantage (vulnerability to spells) to have them than any advantage.

As for the smites, from the way I've written them it looks like they stack, and would also stack with paladin smite and the like.

Remove ads