• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ship!

DMINGW00TISAWSOME

First Post
Ok ENWorlders! I desperately need your help! I just found out that I'm playing D&D in 4 hours and I need a name for a ship! Criteria:
-The name must inspire the same wonder as the Argo or other famous ships. It is a legendary wreck.
-The ship is of a race with a culture similar to the standard elves from the PHB.
The creator of the best name will win the grand prize of nothing but my sincere thanks.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
If any of your players are early 90's cartoon geeks ... err fans, they might like it if you call it:

The Wraith (the name of the hero's ship on Pirates of Dark Water, it was fast and sleek and simple)
The Maelstrom (the name of the villain ship on the same cartoon; it was fearsome, large, and caused great destruction of coastal towns, just like a maelstrom weather event would)

Looking up tolkein elvish translators online, i found Elvish :: English to Elvish Dictionary ::
here are some ideas from that

The Nen ('Nehn' ; the word for water)
The Lim ('leem' ; the word for fish)
The Cabor ('kah-bore'; the word for frog)
The Aear ('eye-are') ; the word for sea)
The Rana ('rah-nah') ; the word for wanderer)

(of course, i don't know how accurate the website is, but it gives an idea for the lyrical sound that might be appropriate for elvish terms)

Remove ads