D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

I repeat this till I get to 120' away and I cast Hypnotic pattern, substituting your saving throw with a 5 (from Portent).

You can now take your reaction from your readied action, only you cant because it happens after the action that triggered it (casting the spell) and you now cant take reactions because of hypnotic pattern.

Hohige

Explorer
I repeat this till I get to 120' away and I cast Hypnotic pattern, substituting your saving throw with a 5 (from Portent).

You can now take your reaction from your readied action, only you cant because it happens after the action that triggered it (casting the spell) and you now cant take reactions.

It works at the exact moment. If so, counterspell would never work. Wrong assumption.
The moment you showed up, I used the reaction. this is how counterspell uses reaction to stop a spell. Right?
Counterspell stops the spell at the time of casting.
When you came out of invisibility, my reaction was triggered.
Before you finish a spell.

It works at the exact moment. If so, counterspell would never work. Wrong assumption.

Read your rules. Reactions occur after its triggering action finishes (DMG, 252).

The moment you showed up, I used the reaction. this is how counterspell uses reaction to stop a spell. Right?

Counterspell is a specific rule which over rides the general rule.

Also what action did you ready? Casting a spell?

Because if so, in the 4 rounds its taken me to get close enough:

''A readied spell’s slot is lost if you don’t release the spell with your reaction before the start of your next turn. ''

You've burnt through a lot of slots.

Hohige

Explorer
Read your rules. Reactions occur after its triggering action finishes (DMG, 252).

Counterspell is a specific rule which over rides the general rule.
This is not specific against general, again using the missreading rules to his advantage ...
it is exactly how the spell using a reaction works.

This is not specific against general, again using the rules to his advantage ...
it is exactly how the spell using a reaction works.

No, its not. Im literally showing you the rule with the reference.

Also, you're down an awful lot of spell slots seeing as its been 4 rounds of me moving and you reading the 'cast a spell' action.

What spell were you readying that entire time?

Hohige

Explorer
No, its not. Im literally showing you the rule with the reference.

Also, you're down an awful lot of spell slots seeing as its been 4 rounds of me moving and you reading the 'cast a spell' action.

What spell were you readying that entire time?
Fireball.
when the invisibility ends. My triggers is finished.
You are dead.

My defense vs hypnotic pattern: douse yourself in alchemist's fire. I take 1d4 fire damage at the start of my turn, immediately returning me to consciousness.

My defense vs hypnotic pattern: douse yourself in alchemist's fire. I take 1d4 fire damage at the start of my turn, immediately returning me to consciousness.

How are you doing that? You cant take actions or reactions at the moment, and you were busy with your action burning through 3rd level spell slots readying fireball each round.

Remove ads