The Transmuter's Last Touch OOC thread (DM: Vigwyn)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Alright folks, please use this thread for OOC (out-of-character, for the newbies) discussions about the game.

In the next few days, I will put up a Rogues Gallery thread (where character sheets go), then when we are ready to start playing I will create an IC (in-character) thread.

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Game Etiquette

Please try to follow these "rules of etiquette" for the game.

1) In the IC thread, try to post within 1 day of the DM's latest update. To facilitate this, you will probably want to subscribe to at least the OOC and IC threads, with email notification.

2) Choose a color for your character's thoughts and words. This color should be easy to read against a dark background (i.e., dark blue is probably not a good choice).

3) Try to post in third person, present tense: Bob attacks the goblin instead of Bob attacked the goblin or I attack the goblin. Note--characters' thoughts and words should be in first person: Bob remarks to the others, "I don't like the looks of that statue..."

4) If you know you will be making a dice roll and wish to make your own rolls, please use Invisible Castle to do so. Please post the link to the roll and always use the same name for making rolls. I will make rolls for you if you don't want to use Invisible Castle, or when you don't know ahead of time that you need a roll (e.g., you set off a trap and need to make a save). I will probably just use regular dice for this unless anyone wants me to also use Invisible Castle.

5) It is a good idea to remind me of your character's important modifiers, feats, special abilities, etc. when you think they might come into play.

6) Short OOC notes can be added to the bottom of your IC post (to remind me of modifiers, set up conditional actions, etc.), but please use the sblock feature for this. If you want to post OOC notes (even short ones) without any IC text, please use the OOC thread.

7) If you have any special requests (I once had a player who absolutely did not want to know how many HPs opposing monsters had left), please let me know as soon as you can and I will try to accommodate them.

8) Be creative and have fun!

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Thanks for choosing me to join your game Vigwyn. It sounds like a fun adventure. Also, congrats on the new son! I'll smoke a cigar for you. :D

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I have added some rules of game etiquette in the second post in this thread. Please read these over carefully and do your best to follow them during the game. Thanks!

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I have created a Rogues Gallery thread for the game. Please go ahead and post your character sheet there, but do not make any other posts to that thread. All other character-related discussion should take place in this thread.

Please do me a favor: As the other players post their character sheets, please look them over for completeness, correct use of the rules, math, etc. If you think you may have found a mistake, please post that here in this OOC thread, so we can get it straightened out before play begins. Thanks!

Rathan

First Post
hey to all here so far.... I'm gonna go post my chrara in the RG thread..... and again.. thanks for the oppertunity Vigwyn :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Vigwyn, your posting rules are fair and should be easy to keep straight. As for myself, I'd prefer you to do all of Norbrit's dice rolling. I find invisiblecastle cumbersome and a general pain, not to mention somewhat useless if you have a trustworthy DM.

I've posted Norbrit in the Rogue's Gallery; his equipment and skills are updated. Please check over him and see that I didn't miss anything. I see that others use different formats for the character sheet; if you have a preference, let me know and I'll change it. I find the one I use to be easiest and request that my players use it as well, but we all have our favorites.

Also, I can read olive just fine here, but you may have different settings on your monitor. If it is acceptable, that's what I'll use for Norbrit's speech and thoughts.

To everyone else, welcome. The first round is on me.

... and quite possibly the second, as well. ;)

Rathan

First Post
I'm kinda partial to the orange myself.. and was wondering if that was a good color ro go with for my character........

Remove ads