• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The village of Prumen

DarkMaster

First Post
Marcus take a good aim with his bow, hitting the mark will be difficult. There are some trees in the way and Gnarll is already fighting with the humanoid. Marcus shoot [OCC -4 for the tree and -4 for being in melee roll : Natural 20! second roll 4 -8 + 3 = -1 a hit nonetheless. Marcus look at his arrow flying through the forest and hit the humanoid in the shoulder (DMG 3+2 = 5) blood starts to flow from the wound.

Gror crossbow already being loaded and motivated by his lieutnant great shot take aim and shoot. roll + modifer 7 miss the arrow hit a tree mid course from the target. "Damn"

Telic quickly position himself behind the humanoid (OCC no AoO possible since he only has is bow in hand) Calling on the powers of Goodness he swing at the creature with all his strenght roll 13 + 6 +2 +2 = 23 a hit DMG 3+5 +3+2 = 13. The hit open the creatures stomach who screams a long hissing sounds for the last time. The creature fall on the ground.

The half Ogre looks at Telic. "And I was just thinking that letting you hold the sword was a mistake, Guess I was wrong. Great swing." He then start to look around "One more thing... who shot that arrow?"

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"Well," Says Telic, smiling slightly despite the pain, "Let's just say minstrel isn't my primary job."

Shifting his voice so as not so sound hurt (OOC: Bluff check) Telic calls out to where the arrow came from.

"Whoever you are, if you're a friend, come show yourself."

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Marcus will walk fowards, towards the man and Gnarll, with the militia men trailing behind. He'll order his men to sheath their weapons.

"I am Lieutenant Marcus Sevohan, of the Prumen militia. You have my thanks for dispatching this foul being."

Marcus will walk over to the cloaked creature. He'll make sure it's dead. Marcus will also pull back the cloak, to see if the creature is an orc or not.

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Marcus will walk fowards, towards the man and Gnarll, with the militia men trailing behind. He'll order his men to sheath their weapons.

"I am Lieutenant Marcus Sevohan, of the Prumen militia. You have my thanks for dispatching this foul being."

Marcus will walk over to the cloaked creature. He'll make sure it's dead. Marcus will also pull back the cloak, to see if the creature is an orc or not.
You approach the dead body, turn it with your foot
OCC if it is still alive you could get into trouble by killing an helpless opponent.
It's seem to be a human women, you verify if her heart is still beating, it's not, she is dead [OCC that doesn't rule out undead but ...].

Still lit by Telic sunrod you can observe her in detail. She seems light armored and wear a strange symbol on her chest. None of you saw her before (Gnarll and the militian included) Although she looks human, you all feel that her features are somehow "wrong" for a human. You also notice a platinum chain on her neck with a symbol similar to the one found on her armor. She has a composite long bow, rapier and a dagguer, none of them seem particular. You also find 4 Axarian gobelet (4gp) on her. None of you knows anything about the symbol on her neck.

Gror says "I suggest we bring her to the town counsellor, he can probably help us, he knows so many things about everything"

Gnarll explain to Marcus what he saw at the clearing [OCC I assume Telic doesn't want to reveal that he lied to Gnarll] Gnarl description is quite accurate and Telic doesn't feel like he would need to add anything.

Gror "Lieutnant we need to let the captain know about that as quickly as possible"

OCC If you want to make a deeper search on her let me know. But it is unappropriate to undress a dead body in the open in Mergovie.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Telic, seeing that these are friends, will let himself sag a little again.

"Could I get the services of a healer, that arrow caught me pretty well."

OOC: If not, I'll use lay on hands for what it's worth.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Marcus will wrap the dead woman's cloak around her.

Then he'll stand and turn to the stranger.

"You can get your wound looked at in town."

Marcus and the other milita men will carry the body back to town, and bring the matter to the attention of the Captain.

(OCC: I'm assuming the town has a healer or low level cleric. Tell me if I'm wrong)

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Marcus will wrap the dead woman's cloak around her.

Then he'll stand and turn to the stranger.

"You can get your wound looked at in town."

Marcus and the other milita men will carry the body back to town, and bring the matter to the attention of the Captain.

(OCC: I'm assuming the town has a healer or low level cleric. Tell me if I'm wrong)
OCC: there are actually three adept in the village who takes cares of healing the injured.

As Marcus men are about to take the body to bring it back Gnarll offer his help. He is strong enough to lift her on his own without problem. You bring back the body to the barrack. OCC: I assumed Telic, having nowhere else to go and wanting to get heal, follows.

You put her body near the mayor's brother body.

Gnarll suggest "Don't know but I am getting really tired, I will go to sleep and help you with the investigation tomorrow morning." You all feel a bit tired. OCC :Most militian are trained to endure better the lack of sleep.

Gror "I think we should keep a vigil at the edge of the forest in case there are more like this one".

It's about 3AM in the morning

DarkMaster

First Post
Dai approaches the bridge that crosses the great chasm on the east of prumen. The bridge is a beautiful piece of architectures. Made of carved stone, the bridge always impresses you.
As you approach it at great speed you notice two small humanoid figures armed with what seems spear guarding the entrance of the bridge. You never saw any guard there. They don't seem to have notice you (you are still in a wooded area and they are not). You know of a second less impressive bridge more to the west but that would slow you down by about two hours.

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
Dai approaches the bridge that crosses the great chasm on the east of prumen. The bridge is a beautiful piece of architectures. Made of carved stone, the bridge always impresses you.
As you approach it at great speed you notice two small humanoid figures armed with what seems spear guarding the entrance of the bridge. You never saw any guard there. They don't seem to have notice you (you are still in a wooded area and they are not). You know of a second less impressive bridge more to the west but that would slow you down by about two hours.

Calmly loping up to the bridge, Dai calls out "hey, d'ere, watchin' o'er dis beauty a'bridge are ya?" He slows as he gets closer, keeping his distance but trying to at least be cordial.

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
Calmly loping up to the bridge, Dai calls out "hey, d'ere, watchin' o'er dis beauty a'bridge are ya?" He slows as he gets closer, keeping his distance but trying to at least be cordial.
As you approach you see that the two guards are heavily armored small humanoid. They look like gobelins in chain mail. As you shout they turn their head towards the bridge and starts yelling something you don't understand. Then they turn to towards you. one of them says "Stranger, I recommand you, go back, otherwise you die".

Remove ads