The village of Prumen

DarkMaster

First Post
Dai heads back toward the small Inn at the edge of the village hoping he can gather some info about that mysterious man. It is getting dark outside, but the militian are still working hard building the pallissade. The street are desert. Dai enters the Inn, Guerar barman recognises him. Guerar is a fat man, not very intelligent but with a lot of common sense. Most of his customers are old men looking for some compagnie. "Dai, you are finnally back, what the hell happend. By the way I hope that you delivered the package on time. The little weird men gave me quite a tip The barman looks at Dai for a few seconds he seems to be thinking hard, obviously something he doesn't do often. he puts his hand in his pocket, Dai can hear the sounds of many gold pieces hiting each others. He then puts his large arm on the counter holding a single Axyrian gobelet between his thumb and first finger, smiling at Dai he then add here is your share, the man didn't had any paper money so I accepted the gold, one for you and one for me

Telic walk to the town center of Broyar where the survivors are held until they can find something better. The place is quite similar to the one in Prumen. When Telic enters the places he notices a few women taking care of the smaller children. Telic approaches the survivor and tries to gather some information. Telic cannot get much more than he already knew. None of the children were inside the town hall so they don't know what really happens, some are not even aware that their parents are dead, so Telic tries to be careful.

Jasper continues his investigations of the artefacts. He goes through the various pictures again. He notices a trend on the pictures on the tapestry and in the book the rock always seems to be at the centers of the image and there is always a tatooed sorceress around them. She always seems to look or handle them with great care, almost as if they were her children. Another interesting image shows a man with red eyes, long black hair, wearing a full plate with demonic representation engraved and stainted with blood. The warrior is also holding a large double sword full of blood. Around the warrior you can see hundreds of naked bodies lying on the ground, obviously these people were killed by the warrior. They are Ork, gobelin, and human/elf bodies. On the armor you can distinguished Nyrul symbol. This image doesn't contains any images of the rocks.
One of the last image of the book also depict what looks like an impressive treasure, gold, jewelery, various mundane or magical items. There seems to be a huge fiery snake at the end of the room.

OOC Silentspace I don't know exactly what Oculus wants to do

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Oculus was going to go visit Karn or the children, but it looks like that's already been done.

Darkmaster said:
OOC Not Exactly this bridge is betwen Broyar and Prumen on the road to Mornonas. Dai prevented four gobelins from blowing it. The rest of the gobelin were located at another bridge at the east. The eastern bridge is on the road to Tallos (The Capital of Mergovie).

OOC: So to go to Mornonas, we pass the bridge again?

As everyone heads off, Oculus says "Jasper, I'll prepare Comprehend Languages in the morning and take another look at those books. When you're done with them, why don't you take them with you? Come meet me tomorrow morning at the bridge, on the way to Mornonas. I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I'm going to Mornonas tomorrow to research this a bit more. But right now, I'm going to take Jraq and Trolm and go stake out the bridge during the night. The goblins may come back and try to destroy the bridge again."

Oculus, will take Jraq and Trolm and go stake out the bridge. They'll stay some distance away, watching the bridge from cover. If Taka, his weasel familiar, can find a safe vantage point that's closer (such as in a tree), he will do so.

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

silentspace said:
OOC: Oculus was going to go visit Karn or the children, but it looks like that's already been done.

OOC: So to go to Mornonas, we pass the bridge again?

As everyone heads off, Oculus says "Jasper, I'll prepare Comprehend Languages in the morning and take another look at those books. When you're done with them, why don't you take them with you? Come meet me tomorrow morning at the bridge, on the way to Mornonas. I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I'm going to Mornonas tomorrow to research this a bit more. But right now, I'm going to take Jraq and Trolm and go stake out the bridge during the night. The goblins may come back and try to destroy the bridge again."

Oculus, will take Jraq and Trolm and go stake out the bridge. They'll stay some distance away, watching the bridge from cover. If Taka, his weasel familiar, can find a safe vantage point that's closer (such as in a tree), he will do so.

"I also want to go to Mornomas, but it's Solomon's book. Hopefully he'll be coming along. Good luck, Oculus." I'm starting to see why Joe wanted me to get out the university. Life is so... different now. I'm just casually saying goodbye to my best friend, and I could never see him again. I don't think I like it.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

Solomon's goal is to rescue Jessica. He'll leave in the morning with whoever else will go and try to intercept the counselor. He isn't particularly interested in killing goblins at this point. Instead, he'll try to chat with Jasper a bit if there's still time in the evening. It doesn't look like he made it back in time to go to the bar w/Dai.

"So what brought you back to Pruman, Jaspar? And who are those soldiers you're traveling with?"

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

Manzanita said:
Solomon's goal is to rescue Jessica. He'll leave in the morning with whoever else will go and try to intercept the counselor. He isn't particularly interested in killing goblins at this point. Instead, he'll try to chat with Jasper a bit if there's still time in the evening. It doesn't look like he made it back in time to go to the bar w/Dai.

"So what brought you back to Pruman, Jaspar? And who are those soldiers you're traveling with?"

Being too engrossed in the tapestry to notice Solomon's return, Jasper starts when he is questioned. For a moment, he just looks at Solomon. How long am I supposed to lie for the secrecy of this unit when I don't even know what they're doing or where they are? Solomon should know that we're not the only ones investigating this. He deserves to know, after what we've been through. It was his town, too, that got destroyed because we couldn't act fast enough.

"Well, both questions really have one answer. My uncle has some connections in Mornomas, and he somehow caused Oculus and I to be, um, appended to a military unit that was passing through. It was only 8 people, including us, and it seemed like only 3 of them actually knew what was going on. Oculus, Jraq, Trolm, and I were just told that there's something weird going on around Prumen. When we arrived, we split into two groups. My group was supposed to investigate in the city, while the other investigated the environs. We were going to meet up later and compare notes. But we didn't really have a plan for what to do if the village was massacred and a goblin army was in the area." Jasper sighs deeply and looks back down at the tapestry. "I have no idea where the rest of the group is now, much less a way to contact them. This is all supposed to be privileged information, but I think you deserve to know. Please don't spread it around." As Jasper finishes speaking, he continues looking at the tapestry, apparently lost in thought.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
Dai heads back toward the small Inn at the edge of the village hoping he can gather some info about that mysterious man. It is getting dark outside, but the militian are still working hard building the pallissade. The street are desert. Dai enters the Inn, Guerar barman recognises him. Guerar is a fat man, not very intelligent but with a lot of common sense. Most of his customers are old men looking for some compagnie. "Dai, you are finnally back, what the hell happend. By the way I hope that you delivered the package on time. The little weird men gave me quite a tip The barman looks at Dai for a few seconds he seems to be thinking hard, obviously something he doesn't do often. he puts his hand in his pocket, Dai can hear the sounds of many gold pieces hiting each others. He then puts his large arm on the counter holding a single Axyrian gobelet between his thumb and first finger, smiling at Dai he then add here is your share, the man didn't had any paper money so I accepted the gold, one for you and one for me

At least feeling slightly comfortable with Guerar, Dai relaxes, although the mention of the little man gives him a touch of anger but it doesn't show. "A massacre bein' what happen in Prumen dat held me up. That little man, you dun' be know'n where I might'nt find 'm or anythin' more 'bout 'm? Don't be want'n to put any o' da blame o' the Prumen massacre on you. Must be find'n dis man cause he be most assuredly a part o' it. Did ya recognize 's accent even, where'n it might be from?" He would much rather find the man that involved him in this than accept a payout which reeks of the death of many but he'll keep the Axyrian gobelet perhaps on the chance there is something significant about it being not local currency.

Regardless of Guerar's answer, Dai will thank him and give him his regards for letting him work here but that he must be on from this place. He'll then return to the others, and tell them anything that he learns from Guerar and describe the little man more in detail, mentioning the foreign currency as well.

DarkMaster

First Post
Guerar listen carefully to Dai. He still have problem understanding Dai's strong accents. When Dai mention that he could be blamed indirectly for the massacre he starts to worry a little.
"I don't know Dai, I don't remember much about this guy, I never heard such an accent. The only thing I am sure is that he was a gobelin, I remember seeing his face. I got scared and I didn't said anything, I just pretented that he was a customer like any others. Please don't tell anyone, I have a family and I didn't want this gobelin to kill them. After we gave you the package, he paid me and quickly left the village a few minutes after you. I don't know much more and I wasn't expecting that this guy could massacre a whole village. I am really sorry Dai.

Guerar relief by Dai's attitude concerning his little secret do not object when he offers his resignation. Guerar pauses for a moment, plays with the coins in his pouch, then he add, while trying not to look in Dai's eyes Hey, here your share Dai He pulls out another 4 Axyrian Gobelet from his pouch and offers them to Dai, his hand shaking nervously.

Dai takes the gold and leaves [OOC feel free to add here but I will assume that you leave anyhow]

Oculus leaves with the two soldiers. They both show him a few hand signs that could be used in case they are attacked, or plan an ambush. They both recommand that oral communication should be kept to a minimum. So you all head towards the bridge.
After a few hours of walk you get to the bridge. The two soldiers quickly find a strategic position where they can observe the bridge while staying hidden.

The moon is providing a little bit of illumination. The two soldiers are a bit nervous, they know Orcs and gobelin have an advantage during the night. Oculus look at the bridge again what a wonderfull piece of Art and history. Huge Fresques are sculpted inside and outside of it, depicting what seems various regional historical moments. You remember that Jasper told you that the bridge was build about 100 years ago and probably don't contain anything related to our current story. When you passed it yesterday morning Oculus and Jasper studied it quickly and didn't find anything related to the witches.

Oculus keeps his position, the night will be long. Staying up all night shouldn't be too much of a problem. He spents countless nights studying at the library.
[OOC I will assume a CON check DC 10 roll 13+2, so Oculus won't fall asleep]

Taka, just found a nice spot on top of the bridge, from the road it is almost impossible to see her. A tree touching the bridge could be used as an escape road in cast thing would turn ugly.

Oculus is feels a hand on his shoulder. Trolm points him the forest. Oculus can see what seems to be a enourmous fire located around what used to be the village of Prumen.

You stay awake for another three hours, the fire is still burning. The temperature went down during those three hours. Spring nights are still cold in Mergovia. The two soldiers cover themselves up and offer a blanket to Oculus. These two men while not very intelligent are performing their task amazingly well and don't get distracted with anything. Oculus has been here for more than four hours and the soldiers are still focus like they just started.

Then eventually the sun begin to rise. With the first ray of sun the temperature quickly rises to normal. Oculus can still see smokes coming out of Prumen in front of the morning sun. The two soldiers starts to relax, Trolm whispers to Oculus What do we do now, we wait for the others?

OOC I will assume the rest of the group in Broyar went to sleep and his now preparing to head towards Mornonas.

Everybody wakes up early and get themselves ready. The Gnarll awoke early and is preparing a very energetic breakfast for everybody. It is some kind of oatmeal with some small fruits he was able to pick this morning around the village. You all eat the food, it is very good, Gnarll is a very good cook. You prepare your equipment, Gnarll and Karn will accompagny you to Mornonas while Marcus will stay in Broyar.

Full of hopes and desires of Vengeance you leave Broyar.

You meet Oculus at the bridge and heads towards the city of Mornonas.

The story continues here
Vengeance in Mornonas

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Oculus is not changing any arcane spells. He's only changing divine spells - just one, actually - Comprehend Languages. So he doesn't need to sleep.

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

Solomon is aghast at Jasper's revelations. "There is way too much going on here. You say you are acting in colution with the Mergovian army? They knew something was going on up here and sent a group to investigate? We must question the two soldiers to see if they know any more. Are they following your orders? And your orders were to...investigate the city? For what? Is there someone in Mornomas you could report to and perhaps find more answers?"

"My trust for authority is rapidly disintigrating. If we had only followed our instincts, instead of our orders, we'd still have that stone. What are your intentions now? Do you need to report in? Or will you continue with me to try to unravel this mystery, save those still threatened, and avenge the dead?"

Remove ads