The Walking Dead (s7 spoilers!)

The season 7 opener was another one of those big Awful Moments in the same vein as Terminus, Sophie, "Look at the flowers", and Noah's revolving door exit. I don't expect them to do another episode that gruesome for a while. Give me more of Ezekiel for a while. That guy rocks.

Janx

Hero
The season 7 opener was another one of those big Awful Moments in the same vein as Terminus, Sophie, "Look at the flowers", and Noah's revolving door exit. I don't expect them to do another episode that gruesome for a while. Give me more of Ezekiel for a while. That guy rocks.

We need a collection of all his quotes on the walls. King E is looking to win Best Leader During Apocalypse for the 3rd year running.

"Drink from the Well, Replenish the Well."

Azurewraith

Explorer
We need a collection of all his quotes on the walls. King E is looking to win Best Leader During Apocalypse for the 3rd year running.

"Drink from the Well, Replenish the Well."
I would definitely buy a pocket book full of his quotes and spout them off when moral looks low at work.

I'm pondering the TWD from the angle of hidden meaning/authorial intent.

I'm reading Simon Pegg's autobiography, and apparently that's what he studied in college was film analysis. So he looked at the original Romero films in that light and saw symbolism about consumerism, communism and such.

What is TWD teaching us or saying about us?

Because right now, it says that when the stuff goes down, people are jerks and only the jerks will survive and that will bring us all down further.

Is that the lesson? That life is hard, and when it gets harder, everybody's going to make it worse?

I think that very much misses the point. The point, I think is more to do with man at times being his own worst enemy. The whole theme of the show and comic is 'we are the walking dead'. One thing to be careful of is confusing the setting that is being presented with the moral message of something. Just because someone presents you with a dystopia, that isn't advocacy for the dystopia itself. I feel like people are having a hard time grocking this lately.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
However, fans might also get to see Carl go through his own transformation. Witnessing the death of one of his friends truly changes Carl. In the comics, Carl decides to get revenge on Negan when his father refused. Negan respects Carl for taking out so many of his men with one bad eye. The two have an interesting dynamic in the comics, which interferes with Carl’s relationship with his father.

The font color you've chosen has rendered your post invisible on the site's black background.

Remove ads