The Walking Dead, season 2, starts tonight

Crothian

First Post
I recently read the first volume of the comic and it is interesteing to see that the show started off and for a few episodes followed the comic pretty well. THen with the CDC it went very different, but now with the end of the current epsidoe looks like it is going back with following the comic.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
One question I had from the episode, was why were there dead dead in the cars? They were not sleepers and did not look to have been killed by the undead.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
The TV show may be departing from the comics in this regard. But it's also possible that they just hadn't reanimated yet. If it were me though, I'd be very reluctant to take that chance!

Krug

Newshound
Not a bad episode, though two prayers to JC almost back to back felt a tad repetitious.

I think they've changed the rules of the comic, where anyone who dies comes back as one of the undead.

NewJeffCT

First Post
One question I had from the episode, was why were there dead dead in the cars? They were not sleepers and did not look to have been killed by the undead.

My guess (stab in the dark)

1) huge traffic jam attacked by zombies
2) People defend themselves and return to their cars
3) Husband/Wife (or other passenger) notice one of them was bitten in attack.
4) As Husband/Wife/Passenger shuffles off this mortal coil, the other persons in the car delivers the necessary blunt force trauma to the head, leaving the dead body in the car.
5) The living person is then grossed out/horrified that they're in the car with their now dead husband/wife and then leave, where they get attacked more more zombies.

or else, after #2 above, the people that were bitten then stay in their cars and allow themselves to be killed via headshots.

Joker

First Post
My guess (stab in the dark)

1) huge traffic jam attacked by zombies
2) People defend themselves and return to their cars
3) Husband/Wife (or other passenger) notice one of them was bitten in attack.
4) As Husband/Wife/Passenger shuffles off this mortal coil, the other persons in the car delivers the necessary blunt force trauma to the head, leaving the dead body in the car.
5) The living person is then grossed out/horrified that they're in the car with their now dead husband/wife and then leave, where they get attacked more more zombies.

or else, after #2 above, the people that were bitten then stay in their cars and allow themselves to be killed via headshots.

I don't know if this is explained in the comics but it may be possible that the fever that takes the bitten victims sometimes kills the person outright instead of turning them.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I don't know if this is explained in the comics but it may be possible that the fever that takes the bitten victims sometimes kills the person outright instead of turning them.

It's been a while since I've read the comics, but that could be possible as well.

On the post show Talking Dead show, they asked Robert Kirkman (the writer of the comics) about it, and he mentioned that there could be a ton of reasons, including head trauma.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Between this and Death Valley, I'm a very happy zombie-fan.

My one gripe is that they're still doing retarded-ass things. Surely the writers can write conflict into the lives of intelligent survivors instead of forcing stupidity onto them in order to have drama and action?

Also, there's no way Daryl could ride that bike for more than an hour without getting sore arms.

Janx

Hero
Between this and Death Valley, I'm a very happy zombie-fan.

My one gripe is that they're still doing retarded-ass things. Surely the writers can write conflict into the lives of intelligent survivors instead of forcing stupidity onto them in order to have drama and action?

Also, there's no way Daryl could ride that bike for more than an hour without getting sore arms.

Anything specific? Like closing the gate and standing there watching the zombies until it fails instead of reinforcing or moving out of sight.

Still, I'm glad there's at least one show you like on TV. I was worried.

Remove ads