• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

Sacrosanct

Legend
Are you familiar with the GIFT?

Not just the internet. I can't recall the name, but back in the 70s, an artist woman stood there with a sign that anyone could do anything to her without repercussion. In short order, people were doing awful things to her. Stripping off her clothes and groping her. Putting a gun to her head.

When people think there are no repercussions, some of them are truly horrible people.

G

Guest 6801328

Are you familiar with the GIFT?

Yeah. I'm always amazed when parents think the danger of their kids being online is that they are going to become the target of a sexual predator. The real danger is that their precious little child is learning to be a complete douche nozzle. MMOs are like Little League sans adult coaches.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I agree. Even with the mistake corrected, I dislike the way the sub-class is executed, precisely because you get so few arcane shots. It's even worse if you miss, because than you've used one of your very limited uses.
Actually, you don’t have to expend a use of Arcane Shot until after you hit.

Xanathar’s Guide to Everything said:
You decide to use the option when the arrow hits, unless the option doesn’t involve an attack roll.
That’s how pretty much every ability that lets you expend a limited resource to enhance a single attack works in 5e. Ki, Smite, etc.

jasper

Rotten DM
Yes the Arcana Archer was broken. AA was behind on his payments for magic arrows. Mr. M told me to break his kneecap. I think he working as night watch man. :)

G

Guest 6801328

Yes the Arcana Archer was broken. AA was behind on his payments for magic arrows. Mr. M told me to break his kneecap. I think he working as night watch man. :)

A have a different theory. WotC embedded unique codes into the links to their surveys, and correlated feedback to UA with posts on various forums, and then intentionally borked the favorite classes of the people who make personal attacks on WotC staff.

Ah, in a perfect world...

EDIT (mea culpa): My bad for once again veering off from the topic at hand to argue about manners. It's not like it every does any good. I'm going to get back to talking about D&D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacrosanct

Legend
All I know is that because of this typo, I can no longer play or enjoy the game. I would give all my stuff away, but I just know you all would suffer the same fate. So I'm doing you all a favor and just burning all of my stuff.

Thanks a lot Mearls.

Remove ads