D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

G

Guest 6801328

Love the changing stories. Sometimes y'all call them professionals. Other times you wanna call them little more than volunteers. Whatever perspective suits your preconceived reality right?

Um....both?

Regardless, pick your point on the spectrum between "professional" and "volunteer". Where is the point at which it is ok to denigrate their work ethic from the safety of the Internet?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Um....both?

Regardless, pick your point on the spectrum between "professional" and "volunteer". Where is the point at which it is ok to denigrate their work ethic from the safety of the Internet?

You think it's anything to do with safety? I'd poke fun if the guy responsible for that one if he was sitting right beside me. It's terrible and unprofessional that it came out the way it did. That's the bottom line.

G

Guest 6801328

You think it's anything to do with safety? I'd poke fun if the guy responsible for that one if he was sitting right beside me. It's terrible and unprofessional that it came out the way it did. That's the bottom line.

And people wonder (or maybe they don't) why gamers have a..."reputation"...about their social skills.

Whatever, man. Enjoy wallowing in your bitterness.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Um....both?

That's one of the biggest things that saddens me about our hobby. Well, admittedly it's true of most hobbies. The armchair quarterbacks who are so quick to tear into the professionals as if they are so much better. If you can do it better, then do it. This hobby, more than any other, allows every one of us to put out our own stuff. So part of me is "put up or shut up." People don't realize just how much actually goes into putting out a quality product.

For the record, there's a big difference between paying consumers complaining about how a particular product may have a flaw, and attacking the designers themselves personally. I wish people would knock that off. It shows a horrible attitude and ignorance of how products are designed, created, and distributed. And it really gets me when these same people who constantly attack the designers never actually put their money where their mouth is, and put out their own stuff. Cowardice is a word I'd use. Easy to attack another person, but heaven forbid you put yourself out there for criticism.

G

Guest 6801328

And people wonder (or maybe they don't) why gamers have a..."reputation"...about their social skills.

Whatever, man. Enjoy wallowing in your bitterness.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that maybe you interpreted "safety" to mean that you would get beaten up if you said it in person. Which, if that's what you thought I meant, suggests...well, never mind.

No, I just meant that from behind one's anonymous username nobody can associate the petulant and entitled behavior with a real person.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
EDIT: It just occurred to me that maybe you interpreted "safety" to mean that you would get beaten up if you said it in person. Which, if that's what you thought I meant, suggests...well, never mind.

No, I just meant that from behind one's anonymous username nobody can associate the petulant and entitled behavior with a real person.

Are you familiar with the GIFT?

Remove ads