D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

G

Guest 6801328

Well what they did from the UA version was move Magic Arrow from lvl 3 to lvl 7, then called it a day, instead of proof reading and changing arcane shot, because in the UA version, it makes sense. I looked on the UA version to confirm this. It's not a typo, it's lazy editing.
Dude, they made a mistake. It may not literally be a "typo" in the sense of fingers hitting the wrong keys, but they moved the text and a necessary change made it through the edit/proofing process. Accusing them of being "lazy" is just infantile. GTFU.

Either that or post a 100+ research paper you've written and we'll have fun pointing out your mistakes.

neogod22

Explorer
Dude, they made a mistake. It may not literally be a "typo" in the sense of fingers hitting the wrong keys, but they moved the text and a necessary change made it through the edit/proofing process. Accusing them of being "lazy" is just infantile. GTFU.

Either that or post a 100+ research paper you've written and we'll have fun pointing out your mistakes.
Someone sounds upset. But it is lazy editing when they are literally copy and pasting, then decides to move things around and not look at how it effects the class, in this case, it breaks it. When it's one of your DM guild free non AL legal unbalanced home brew classes then, whatever, but when people pay $50 for a book and play in organized play, then it actually becomes a big deal. It's like if I were your boss, and made a "typo" and paid you $1.00 instead of $100, you'd be upset wouldn't you? Now I found the errata that corrects this mistake, and downloaded it, but I am still entitled to my opinion.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

jasper

Rotten DM
Page 2 Errata of xge guidance vers 1.0.
Arcane Shot. blab blab. .. change "a magic arrow" to "an arrow".
In others words.
them thar Wotc fartys people done did fixed it.

G

Guest 6801328

Someone sounds upset.

Err...yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking.

But it is lazy editing when they are literally copy and pasting, then decides to move things around and not look at how it effects the class, in this case, it breaks it.

There you go, assuming the worst again. How do you know they didn't look at it? When you are reading the same tens of thousands of words over and over and over it's really for your brain to just not see this kind of thing. It happens all the time.

For example...I think you meant "affects" not "effects". Lazy?

When it's one of your DM guild free non AL legal unbalanced home brew classes then, whatever, but when people pay $50 for a book and play in organized play, then it actually becomes a big deal. It's like if I were your boss...

Yes, you're right, that would be a sign of the Apocalypse.

...and made a "typo" and paid you $1.00 instead of $100, you'd be upset wouldn't you?

No. I would ask what happened, and wait to be upset until I was sure that it was intentional and/or couldn't be corrected.

But nevertheless, my mistake. I didn't realize this mistake reduced the value of the book by 99% for you. Carry on.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
When it's one of your DM guild free non AL legal unbalanced home brew classes then, whatever, but when people pay $50 for a book and play in organized play, then it actually becomes a big deal.

If you had any concept of the resources it took to make XGE, you'd be praising WotC for practically giving the book away at $50 and you wouldn't be complaining about a couple of minor typos.

Remove ads