They Need an XBoX Live VT

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I think you could do a reasonable player experience on an xbox though if the player wants to take notes or journal, not sure it that is the best platform.

Does an xbox support a keyboard?

However, as a DM for prep, I am not sure I would be happy with an xbox, I think I would prefer to use a pc. I can plug in a drawing tablet into a pc or a scanner and pull stuff from the net. Type up documents in a wordprocessor and all that kind of stuff that is not normally done on an xbox.

I can have a dual monitor setup on a pc also with the compendium and my word document notes open as well as the vt, can i do this on an xbox?

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
What is this Xbox?

Is it full of kisses?

I'd like my VTT for grown-ups please, the largest possible audience (PC), I don't know how to use a 'controller', I am very good with a keyboard and mouse however, years of practice- much like a large chunk of the general population.

I do want to access a myriad other sites and docs while I'm playing. I do want to be sitting at a table- with access to a library of books, space to make notes, et al.

I also want my players not to be sat on the couch, I want them sitting up (no elbows on the table or slouching) and paying attention.

I think at some point you seem to have confused Video Games with D&D 4th Edition, something that if it ever happened would cause me to run a mile in the opposite direction.

So you're slouched on the couch watching Dave's character 'Rimbaud' the fourth level sorcerer agonise over whether to cast Magic Missile at the 'dark' for two minutes (but that's okay because people are chatting); followed by the same for three other PCs (and the DM). D&D 4e Combat is more akin to chess-fu than FPS; although it obviously swings by a lot faster around the table (face-to-face).

Don't get me wrong- steel what works, when I dream of VTT D&D (which I do quite a lot- in fact I invented it about 20-30 years ago, when I used to write game reviews for Amiga PC games) I dream of Vandal Hearts style characters (old-skool) with cutesy (and near-the-knuckle) animations for effects etc, but it's turn-based as slow as you want it to be and... chess (with added Fu).

Just my twopenneth of course, but you know I'm right...

Remove ads