They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

zinderel

First Post
They really are back...!

New slivers coming in the new Time Spiral set, with the possibility of some old favorites returning! Who else is excited? And also, will we see the DnD conversions, I wonder?

ElectricDragon

Explorer
I just happened on this thread today and (like normal) must comment. Great Work. I really like what you have done with them. The Far Realms seems the perfect place IMO.

Now, to the nit-picking:

1.) The following slivers gain a 1 1/2 Str bonus to their claw attacks:
Metallic, Muscle, Crypt, Armor, Barbed, Horned, Mindwhip, Mnemonic, Acidic, Crystalline, Spined, Victual, Root, Shifting, Ward, Brood, Essence, Magma, Synapse, and Toxin.
Creatures only get 1 1/2 Str bonus when they only have a single natural attack. This does not include when they move first and thus are limited to a standard action and thus one attack. As this applies to so many of your conversions; maybe you should add it as a Sliver (Ex) ability. This would not change any other slivers except the Blade, Queen, and the Overlord. Otherwise, the claw damage should be reduced for each of the mentioned slivers in both the Attack and Full Attack entries.

2.) The Blade sliver gets 2 times its Str bonus on its claw attack and 1 time Str bonus on its bite attack. This should be changed as above to either 1 times Str bonus on claw attacks (or add a special ability that lets all slivers gain 1 1/2 Str bonus on claw attacks) and 1/2 times Str bonus on bite attacks.

3.) The Queen is missing her +4 racial bonus on Grapple checks. The Queens claw attack should be +35 (+24 Base, +15 Str, -4 size); the bite and tail stings should also be adjusted to +30. If you add the special ability to deal 1 1/2 Str bonus to claw attacks then the Queen's claw damage would be +22.

4.) The Overlord's attacks are wrong. They should be:
Claw Attacks: +24 (Base) +17 (Str) -4 (size) = +37
Claw Damage: +17 (Str)
Bite Attacks: +24 (Base) +17 (Str) -4 (size) -5 (secondary)= +32
Bite Damage: +8 (1/2 Str)
Tail Slap Attacks: As bite attacks = +32
Tail Slap Damage: As bite damage = +8 (1/2 Str)

If you add the special ability to gain 1 1/2 Str on claw attacks the Overlord's Claw Damage would be +25

Again, I say great work. Cthulhu watch out.

Ciao
Dave

NPC Lord

First Post
origin of slivers

i heard the sliver origin yeasterday. heres a summary: on plane thats half dark/half light, an evil baron tried to invade light world. this other guy(whos name i dont remember) tried to stop him. guy sacrifices himself to prevent invasion by sealing the portal around him. he dies, but portal magic infuses him an makes five slives(red,blue,green,white,black). thats all i know.

Solarious

Explorer
Krishnath, if you are still alive, you -will- stat up these new slivers.

I deliver promises of hand-picked sacrifical virgins from my stock overseas! :]

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
According to my research, Krishnath's left ENWorld for good. He didn't much care for the direction the community was going, and if the mutt'rings I've heard were correct, this thread was responsible for some of his disillusionment.

Still, it's a beautiful project that stood the test of time. And we still love him for it.

We who are still here making monsters salute you, Krish.

Demiurge out.

Demerean

First Post
Hello, I came accross this post a bit ago and have been using these slivers to great effect. If the original creator is not still around, I have already wrote out working stats for most of the new slivers from the time spiral set. Most of the are just add ins to the three existing castes as he had posted originally. If you would like me to post them, either send me a message or just reply in here. I am not attempting to overshadow or take this from the original creator, I would just like to help my fellow sliver fans with workable DnD stats for the new beasts.

Remove ads