• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

MetaruSonikku

First Post
A Licid Sliver... Might be a cheap and easy way to hand out the Half-Sliver Template on a temporary basis... think of it as the Demo of Half-Sliver ;)

TurlinBlackwind

First Post
MetaruSonikku said:
A Licid Sliver... Might be a cheap and easy way to hand out the Half-Sliver Template on a temporary basis... think of it as the Demo of Half-Sliver ;)

Thats actually what crossed my mind. Like a sliver/licid type creature that targets desirable species or persons to be assimalated into the hive.

Example; say the queen would like more knowledge on.... toasters or something, she would send a sliver/licid to attach to a toaster repair man and have his knowledge become hers.

Thats a basic example but ofcourse it would be used for more than the Queen's breakfast info relay. :D

dedicated

First Post
TurlinBlackwind said:
Thats actually what crossed my mind. Like a sliver/licid type creature that targets desirable species or persons to be assimalated into the hive.
yes, use it on the kings of nearby realms :p

zinderel

First Post
Any idea when we'll start seeing the original slivers, Krishnath? Or the finished Half-Sliver template? And, just for clarity, does the Half-Sliver benefit from the shared powers of full Slivers? If so, that's something I'd make clear on the template writeup. If not, why not?

BTB, Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to seeing them all!

jedavis

First Post
TurlinBlackwind: Have you looked at the rules for symbionts from Fiend Folio? Seems like licids would fit them.

Do the slivers ever manufacture any items of any sort? They have the numbers and the cunning to do so. However, they might just not bother, and rely on adaptation.

Evil Idea: Rust Sliver

Krishnath

First Post
hollowleg said:
TurlinBlackwind: Have you looked at the rules for symbionts from Fiend Folio? Seems like licids would fit them.

Do the slivers ever manufacture any items of any sort? They have the numbers and the cunning to do so. However, they might just not bother, and rely on adaptation.

Slivers don't usually make items as they have no real need for them. That said however, they do create metallic slivers, and they have been known to build what can only be described as cyclopean architecture.

Rust slivers... I like it, I might make those if I ever decide upon making more slivers. :]

TurlinBlackwind

First Post
hollowleg said:

Ummmm.... that sounds good but I don't have the Fiend Folio so I would have to look it up. If there is a symbiot type or subtype that might work, though I still see them as aberrations because of their sureal appearance

If I can I'll look into it, meanwhile, I'm still seeing about the newer creation rulez to make my new little beasties. :D

Krishnath

First Post
TurlinBlackwind said:
Ummmm.... that sounds good but I don't have the Fiend Folio so I would have to look it up. If there is a symbiot type or subtype that might work, though I still see them as aberrations because of their sureal appearance

If I can I'll look into it, meanwhile, I'm still seeing about the newer creation rulez to make my new little beasties. :D
Symbiotes can be of any creature type. The symbiotes in the fiend folio for example are Aberrations, Outsiders, and one undead.

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
I just came across this thread the other day, and it looks quite good. I've liked slivers since they first appeared, and I'm intrigued by the prospect of using them in D&D.

Voila!

First Post
Just a few new ideas.

Arachnoid Sliver
Botanic Sliver
Carapace Sliver
Clockwork Sliver
Club Sliver
Divine Sliver
Draconic Sliver
Dream Sliver
Eclectic Sliver