• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

Krishnath

First Post
MetaruSonikku said:
hehehe... oh I figured they were not even remote possibilities, but I've found that while discounting the impossible, sometimes it inspires.

Personally, if someone asked me for a Proto-Sliver familiar, I'd say "Go to the Queen and get one yourself, ya bum!" or something with slightly more venom. ;)

As for the Half-Sliver, any luck pegging what was bugging you about it?
No, and it is bugging the hell out of me.

LogicsFate

First Post
Took me a while to read through all this, first thread I've read in this category

Over All I must say great job

There are a few things I disagree with here and there, but nothing worth mentioning exept the fact that having vicual slivers hurts the undeads slivers very much, with all that positive energy flying every which way

Other than that it's great seeing the best original MtG creatures stated out

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
You know, all this has me thinking. Yes, the Overlord is pretty nasty, bu the pinnacle of evolution for slivers? Not in my eyes. Enter the pcs, brand new to the planes. They encounter a few slivers her and a few slivers there and the occasional half sliver. But, where do these baddies truly come from? Why the plane of slivers of course. Enter a new template and a new kind of sliver: The Slivered [Creature] (template) and the Planar Sliver, a creature that collects the dead bodies of slivers and adds them to its immesive size: the size of an entire plane! Now (to me anyway) it all makes sense. Where do new slivers come from? From the Planar sliver of course, which are spawns of it. The Overlord is just the protector of it. This makes it nigh impossible to defeat slivers once and for all.

:] :] :]

Krishnath

First Post
Frukathka said:
You know, all this has me thinking. Yes, the Overlord is pretty nasty, bu the pinnacle of evolution for slivers? Not in my eyes. Enter the pcs, brand new to the planes. They encounter a few slivers her and a few slivers there and the occasional half sliver. But, where do these baddies truly come from? Why the plane of slivers of course. Enter a new template and a new kind of sliver: The Slivered [Creature] (template) and the Planar Sliver, a creature that collects the dead bodies of slivers and adds them to its immesive size: the size of an entire plane! Now (to me anyway) it all makes sense. Where do new slivers come from? From the Planar sliver of course, which are spawns of it. The Overlord is just the protector of it. This makes it nigh impossible to defeat slivers once and for all.

:] :] :]
And I thought Sliverfox9x was nuts. ;)
I never said that the sliver overlord was the pinacle of evolution, just the end of it, and that was from the cards flavor text. :p

As for a whole plane sized sliver, not gonna happen, and since all slivers (well, almost all) have the extraplanar subtype, I will not make a planar sliver either.
As for where new slivers come from, they usually come from the queen, or in some rare instances from the brood sliver.
Now, as to where the slivers *originate* from, that's an entirely different story (The far realms in my campaign, for example).

LogicsFate: Well, see, the undead slivers are not a natural evolution of the slivers themselves, and thus usually aren't found near victuals.

TurlinBlackwind

First Post
Hey Krish! very nice! I thought the first time around was amazing but these.... (bows before the master....) I just got into college and realized 'I should finish my licids... or redo them.' and I comeback to enworld to see THIS AMAZING FEAT! aswell as so much more. Hey Since I'm goiong to redo those licids cus.. the olde ones weren't to great in my opinion, anyone want to help me? I don't have any of the new books so I'm caught in the past kinda sorta. All I really need is what new rulez there are and any suggestions on what to do with the construct licid. Thats the one that had me pause for so long. :)

man I'm a mess returning to enworld, not completeing a conversion and no snackrifice to Krish... wait theres a dire squirrel!!! (snares) okay now I'm just... needing to redo and finish those licids! :D

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
TurlinBlackwind said:
Hey Krish! very nice! I thought the first time around was amazing but these.... (bows before the master....) I just got into college and realized 'I should finish my licids... or redo them.' and I comeback to enworld to see THIS AMAZING FEAT! aswell as so much more. Hey Since I'm goiong to redo those licids cus.. the olde ones weren't to great in my opinion, anyone want to help me? I don't have any of the new books so I'm caught in the past kinda sorta. All I really need is what new rulez there are and any suggestions on what to do with the construct licid. Thats the one that had me pause for so long. :)

man I'm a mess returning to enworld, not completeing a conversion and no snackrifice to Krish... wait theres a dire squirrel!!! (snares) okay now I'm just... needing to redo and finish those licids! :D

Ooh, dire squirrel! *munch* *munch*

You can get the revised rules (3.5) from WotC's SRD, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the licids, there is nothing wrong with skipping one or two of them such as the artifact one.

As for the licids themselves. Make them tiny 1 HD aberrations. :D

SliverFox9x

First Post
I'm new....what's a licid?

*cough* What's a licid, and can slivers assimilate them?
let's see.....yup, I'm out of questions that are pointless.
What happens when an overlord is at the hive and has nothing to do? Like, would the hive, without enemies or resistance, just kinda stay on their tasks and not do anything? You'd think they'd have scouting parties and such, or be really militant, but from what I've gathered they're just really nasty ants with shared abilities.

(edit) really nasty abberations

Krishnath

First Post
SliverFox9x said:
*cough* What's a licid, and can slivers assimilate them?
let's see.....yup, I'm out of questions that are pointless.
What happens when an overlord is at the hive and has nothing to do? Like, would the hive, without enemies or resistance, just kinda stay on their tasks and not do anything? You'd think they'd have scouting parties and such, or be really militant, but from what I've gathered they're just really nasty ants with shared abilities.

(edit) really nasty abberations
A licid is a tiny parasite that gives special abilities to its host.

As for the sliver questions: Nothing, yes. And the sliver hives have scouting parties. They are comprised of between 20 and 80 various slivers.

TurlinBlackwind

First Post
Krishnath said:
Ooh, dire squirrel! *munch* *munch*

You can get the revised rules (3.5) from WotC's SRD, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the licids, there is nothing wrong with skipping one or two of them such as the artifact one.

As for the licids themselves. Make them tiny 1 HD aberrations. :D

Yeah the Idea of making them aberrations has stuck and I've decided. They will be tiny cus the largest one is only the size of a cat. I would still like the artifact licid to be made... I'll just think more on it. I wonder.... a sliver licid cross would be a nice way to make a temporary sliver hybrid....

Sounds like a plan huh?
:D

Krishnath

First Post
TurlinBlackwind said:
Yeah the Idea of making them aberrations has stuck and I've decided. They will be tiny cus the largest one is only the size of a cat. I would still like the artifact licid to be made... I'll just think more on it. I wonder.... a sliver licid cross would be a nice way to make a temporary sliver hybrid....

Sounds like a plan huh?
:D
An eeevil plan. :]

Remove ads