This is where post apocalyptic under dark comes from

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Great another tunnel project for Elon to under-deliver on while failing to admit to the actual risks and challenges of the project in the first place.

At least this time it's for cycling, so it's not going to leave cars stranded in a tunnel they can't get out of.

If cities and states would just spend that same money improving public transportation, it would do a lot more good, but hell at least we're trying to build new great works, I guess.

EDIT: took several tweets for any indication that this wasn't a real thing. Has anyone in history actually enjoyed this April 1st nonsense?

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I'm really glad we had the discussion on here earlier about "April Fish" so I got the "Avril Poisson" reference that Stross was making.

EDIT: took several tweets for any indication that this wasn't a real thing. Has anyone in history actually enjoyed this April 1st nonsense?
Back before April 1st transformed from "Mean Prank Day" to "Internet Disinformation As A Joke Day" it was always the case that the humor was mostly for the person pulling the prank, not the person who was fooled.

I would assume that means that the folks putting up the Disinformation As A Joke bits are amused by them and enjoy the day.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
It's probably more entertaining in the timeline where teh stoopid isn't already the default reason for most everything that happens in the world.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'm really glad we had the discussion on here earlier about "April Fish" so I got the "Avril Poisson" reference that Stross was making.

Back before April 1st transformed from "Mean Prank Day" to "Internet Disinformation As A Joke Day" it was always the case that the humor was mostly for the person pulling the prank, not the person who was fooled.

I would assume that means that the folks putting up the Disinformation As A Joke bits are amused by them and enjoy the day.
Some people are entertained by tripping people to make them eat dirt, too. I guess it’s a good day for being reminded that people suck.
It's probably more entertaining in the timeline where teh stoopid isn't already the default reason for most everything that happens in the world.
Maybe. I don’t remember ever enjoying them as a kid either, though.

Remove ads