This scares me...

Slife

First Post
Found another good one.

Orcus is a privately owned company based in Kansas City, USA, which manufactures Differential Phase Change Thermal Interface Materials, used by the electronics industry as a heat transfer medium between heat sources and heat dissipation devices. Orcus’s thermal interface products have the advantage of reducing thermal resistance by eliminating air from microscopic pores using low compressive forces.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Slife said:
Found another good one.

Orcus

Orcus isn't an original D&D name. Orcus was the roman god of the underworld.

As far as I know, Vecna is an original D&D name.

There's other companies named after mythical figures, like Hermes.

Khayman

First Post
Slife said:
Orcus is a privately owned company based in Kansas City, USA, which manufactures Differential Phase Change Thermal Interface Materials, used by the electronics industry as a heat transfer medium between heat sources and heat dissipation devices. Orcus’s thermal interface products have the advantage of reducing thermal resistance by eliminating air from microscopic pores using low compressive forces.

Ah. Crushed larvae as heat exchangers. Very elegant. I thought they were solely useful as batteries.

Last edited:

Dingleberry

First Post
Looks legit: they have two "VECNA" trademarks registered with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office; "VKIOSK" too. That's a lot of time and expense (not to mention fraud on the USPTO) for an academic project or gag.

Remove ads