• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrane strike force. RAIDERS OF AUNDAIR STAY OUT

Dekana

Explorer
Trask, Cleric, HP: 42/42, AC: 20, Fort: 6, Refl: 3, Will: 8

Sorry, I missed that line about waiting for the other team's rounds. It's your call if what I previously posted will count as his action (and personally I would use that action, not fair that I get two chances). But if not:

Trask casts Hold Person on figure F. Will save required or he's paralyzed for 5 rounds (and he can break the spell as a full round action with a will save). No move action, but Trask draws his Morningstar if it isn't already out.

[sblock=Spells and Attacks (in case anyone provokes an AoO)]Attacks
Melee: MW Morningstar +9 hit, 1d8+2 x2 (hit: 5 BAB + 2 str + MW)

Spells prepared
0: Detect Magicx2, Light, Guidancex2
1: Command, Faith Healingx2, [Sanctuary]
2: Hold Person, Silence, [Shield Other]
3: Stone Shape, Dispel Magic, [Protection from Energy][/sblock]

Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
Dekana said:
---EDIT: ARGH, arm still has silence on. Editing this post in a minute, since I obviously can't go next to him and heal.---

Actually, you can. Touch spells can be cast and you can "hold the charge", then move and deliver the charge. Don't worry too much about Armament, though (especially since conj:heal spells are only half as effective on 'forged); he stays fully active all the way to -9 hp, giving him an effective hp of 69, of which they've only taken away 19 after his own healing. He's also still got an invisibility potion and a repair moderate wounds oil he can use unless they all focus on him and destroy him in a single round. And if they do that, they're leaving themselves open for you all, so take advantage ;)

Dekana

Explorer
True enough, I always thought about using touch spells like that via a familiar, not myself. But your taking that 5 foot step would make me provoke to many AoOs for it to be worthwhile now. Regardless, I really don't think it's fair of me to post another action since I already rolled on dispelling that construct.

Kaodi

Hero
Seeing that Aaranth has decided to employ a ranged weapon, Valderion presses the attack, make a 5' ... float towards him and unleashing a full attack with his enchanted guisarme.

First Attack: 1d20+7=17, Second Attack: 1d20+7=17
If (and only if) the first attack misses, I will action point the second attack: Action Point: 1d6=1
First Damage: 2d4+5=9, Second Damage: 2d4+5=11

[sblock=Valderion]
HP: 33/33
AC: 22* (Touch 14*, Flat-Footed 20*)
Fort +6 Ref +4* Will +9*
BAB/Grapple: +3/+5
Melee Atk: +7* (2d4+5*/x3, +1 Guisarme)
Action Points: 7

Active Buffs:
Fly
Haste
Force of Will (+3 Will save)
Motive Ardor (+1 damage)
Law Devotion (+1 AC)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Hovering far enough away to be clear of all but the longest-ranged spells, Syro begins activating his magic items, his pendant and gloves glowing as he fires four bolts of magical force from his hand to strike at one of the apparent casters.

Thrane Strikeforce: Magic Missile (Post 276) (4d4+4=16)

Empowered spellshard multiplies the variable component (4d4 = 12) by 1.5 for 6 more damage, so 22 more damage to 'g'. Making another move action (60') backwards, hoping to get out of medium range (150'+ away).

[sblock=Syro Desekane]
Syro Desekane
HP: 26/26
AC: 22 (Touch 12, Flat-footed 20)
Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +6
BAB/Grapple: +2/+2
Melee Atk: +2 (1d6, quarterstaff)

Magic Item charges:
Arcanist's Gloves: 1/2
Empowered Spellshard: 2/3

Spells Prepared:
0th: Message, Open/Close, Read Magic, Detect Magic.
1st: Magic Missile x2, Minor Image, Ray of Clumsiness, Color Spray.
2nd: Shadow Spray, Phantasmal Assailants, Mirror Image.
3rd: Slow.

Active Buffs:
fly
Force of Will (+3 Will save)
Motive Ardor (+1 damage)
Shield
Mage Armor
Dragonskin (Fire Resistance 10)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
That's very true. 22 points to the man with the huge brain.

EDIT: Actually, having re-read the post I realized that the warlock, not Devon, got hit by Armament, so I'm going to target the magic missiles on him instead. Edited my action post to reflect this and the correct damage.

Last edited:

Scurry

First Post
Alestair swoops up around the bottom of the ship, activates Law Devotion on offense, and silently puts a rapier into the back of one of the evildoers. (Attacks g from U22, or D from U20 if g's down. Either way, he gets flanking with Armament at W22, which means SA damage.)

Spot checks may be appropriate to note the weapon capsule retainers, since they can be a real nasty suprise if you have no forewarning.

Attack and damage (1d20+15=32, 3d6+2=11)

[sblock=Alestair Sarhain]HP 39/39 AC24 (touch:19 ff:19)
Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +8
Attack: +13 (1d6+2/18-20x2, rapier)
Full Attack: +11/+11/+11 (1d6+2/18-20x2 or 19-20X2, rapier/ssword/rapier)

Spells:
0th: Guidance, Detect MagicX2
1st: Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, [Sanctuary]

Effects: (all accounted above):
Protection Devotion (8/10 r) (+3 AC (sacred), affects all allies besides Trask and Syro)
Law Devotion (10/10r)
Motivate Ardor
Force of Will
haste
fly
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
NMF : whereabouts are you moving? Just to make sure we're on the same line, and it could be important for the ranged attacks and such.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads