Tired of d20 yet?

Emiricol

Driddle said:
Tired of d20 D&D system yet? Finding yourself wandering more and more often to other games?

I still play lots of D20, but very little D&D these days. I also play a couple other systems now, notably Riddle of Steel and GURPS.

MetalBard

First Post
Not in the least. My group may be starting a Riddle of Steel game while our Dragonlance DM takes a little break, but I find myself secretly wanting to play more D&D.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Aeric said:
I've been playing D&D almost exclusively since 3.0 came out, so yes, I am a little tired of it. I still like it, I could just use a little variety in my gaming diet.

Check out Bastion Press's Oathbound setting, VERY kewl.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Nope. I am eager for the now-July release of Buffy 2nd edition, but because of the depth of the content, not because it's a different system. If it wasn't for D20, I'd probably be less excited, because learning a new system for each game was quite tiresome to me in the 1980s especially.

I am indeed. Except for C&C, I am planning on taking a break from d20/D&D after my gaming group finishes its current campaign. We've already been playing Traveller: The New Era. While I will say that starship combat gives me a headache like nothing else, I'm really looking forward to not dealing with the 3e combat and advancement systems.

I might try third party variants like Blue Rose and Lone Wolf.

Driddle said:
Tired of d20 D&D system yet? Finding yourself wandering more and more often to other games?

sjmiller

Explorer
Driddle said:
I am, to be honest. Well, I am tired of the standard d20/D&D system. Certain variants, like a super secret project I am working on, are quite entertaining.

Otherwise, I would play something else, but the rest of my group feels otherwise.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
For those of you who are feeling a little d20 fatigue...

The very first product from EN Publishing's Mini-Games line is coming out very soon.

Gun-Fu: Balletic Ballistics turns a number of d20 standards on their heads (hit points, class features, battlegrids) to produce a game that's full of wild action, massive style and carpets of dead mooks. I'm just putting the final touches on the product, and there's more goodies in the pipeline.

d20 fatigue? Not if I have anything to say about it.

Captain Tagon

First Post
It comes and goes for me. I either really love the d20 system for how streamlined it is or hate it entirely because of the concepts of classes and levels and hit points. Really just depends on which direction I feel like suspending my disbelief today.

Remove ads