Tired of d20 yet?

Mercule

Adventurer
Not so much. I'm enticed by some other games, like the new WoD. And I've got a chronic short attension span. Still, nothing that isn't "normal". If anything, I'm less tired of d20 than I can remember after 5ish years of any other game.

Psion

Adventurer
No, not really. Still so many (d20) games to play, so little time.

I would love to run or resume my second world game
I'd love to play some Spycraft
I'd love to play some Spycraft: Dark Inheritance
I'd love to play some d20 Modern: Blood & Fists
I'd love to play some Traveller d20
I'd love to play some Mutants & Masterminds
I'd love to play some Star Wars d20
I'd love to run a D&D game based on Lords of the Night: Liches
I'd love to run Vault of Larin Karr
I'd love to play some BESM d20
I'd love to run an all wizards game, possibly using Redhurst, but with some material thrown in from Path of the Magi and Alchemy & Herbalists
I'd love to play some Scarred Lands
I'd love to participate in or run in World's Largest Dungeon
I'd love to have a TPK and pop the PCs into DungeonWorld

Yeah, plenty left on my plate.

The Shaman

First Post
Driddle said:
Tired of d20 D&D system yet? Finding yourself wandering more and more often to other games?
Tired of d20? No - it's an elegant rule mechanic.

Tired of D&D (fantasy genre gaming)? No - I still like swords and sorcery very much.

Tired of D&D (3.x)? Yes - I don't get the same charge out of 3e that I do from other d20 games like Modern, Mutants and Masterminds, or Sidewinder: Recoiled. I'm seriously considering swtiching to Castles and Crusades for my next fantasy game.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Not tired of it at all. The D20 system is a great one, and I'm enjoying now and I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy it in the future.

Saying that though, it is nice to play non D20 games every so often.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Nope. I was tired around the end of 3.0, slightly positive after the release of 3.5 and its first couple good supplements, and finally Eberron and some other somewhat recent releases seriously re-ignited my interest.

Wombat

First Post
Somewhat tired of D20; entirely tired of D&D, which I haven't played in over a year.

My group is slowly edging away from D20 -- they joined together due to my call for players in a joke 3e D&D game and have stayed with me for about five years now, but now they feel it is time to move onto another system. Ars Magica looks to be the favoured one (yeah!), but I have a fondness for D20. It is the first version of D&D I have been willing to play since the Three Little Books of OD&D. The system is much more self-consistent, etc., but eventually I tire of character classes, hit points, armour class, and a horde of monsters that really snap my suspension of disbelief. That & I dislike the creeping miniature-centric vision of the game. Anymore I don't want combat to be the main focus of any rpg I am in; unfortunately, that is not only the core of D&D/D20, but is becoming the tail that wags the dog. Very soon, I fear, D&D will simply turn back into the thing it started from -- a set of miniatures rules.

Storyteller01

First Post
Driddle said:
Tired of d20 D&D system yet? Finding yourself wandering more and more often to other games?

d20? nope.

D&D? meh

I would like to check out WOD's newest editiion though. Always loved playing mages!

Last edited:

Remove ads