• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tomb of Horrors!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Let me try that again. (I got a "20" returned or 3d6+6, and tried to fix it, and I guess it thought I was cheating or something.)

[roll0] and [roll1] and [roll2] and 6

So... fourteen.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, I played this a few weeks back, and since this is an old school dungeon, and all the DC's are so high, it is entirely possible for everyone to fail their perception checks and make the dungeon unpassable, or even just have them die because they are stuck and can't leave, but can't find the thing they need to move on. That isn't fun.

So, I give an auto succeed option. Rations will be a big part, and eventually, they'll just starve to death if they don't have them unless they have other plans, so for the cost of 24 rations, they can auto succeed a perception check to keep the game going.

However, that also means I'm not going to prompt perception checks. They either make them, or they don't.

So... we throw food at the wall, and it reveals secret doors? :p :p

tglassy

Adventurer
Yes, 14, and yes, you throw food at the wall for four days and it reveals a secret door. Isn't...isn't that how it's supposed to be?

Remove ads