Top ten Non-US tv shows

So, since some of you rightly or not dislike the US-centric list and also since many of you are not from the US, I figured you'd be able to give the US snobs ( i saw someone use this term somewhere) some actual non-US tv shows that are good in your opinion.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm. That's a challenge. OK, keeping it to 21st Century, or we'd be diving into the likes of Blackadder and stuff. Some of my favourites were, just off the top of my head (so forgetting many):

The Office
Line of Duty
Happy Valley
It's A Sin
The Thick of It
Taskmaster

I feel like have to include Doctor Who, not because it's necessarily among the best, but definitely among my favourite.

Things like Killing Eve, Fleabag, and Sherlock get honourable mentions.

TheSword

Legend
I will throw the following ten in no particular order

Black Mirror
Chewing Gum
The Night Manager
The Office
The Thick of It
Sherlock
Black Adder
Peep Show
The Last Kingdom
The Crown

Honourable mention to Vikings - which was filmed by a Canadian film company I believe.

Zardnaar

Legend
Taskmaster
Inbetweeners

Nothing from New Zealand except maybe Outrageous Fortune or Mighty Johnsons and Taskmaster Season 2.

If you dont like Shameless you probably won't like Outrageous Fortune.

Think it was me who used snob. That's because critics like things like drama and don't like things such as Sci Fi, Fantasy. low brow comedy

British would win the comedy stuff. American is very anemic comparatively and only their best holds up (think Parks and Rec, Office. Community).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I have no idea, but I liked these two a lot:

Sherlock
Broadchurch

I'm not even sure I can think of many non-US shows (since we don't watch as much tv as we used to).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Sherlock (Britain)
Ultimate Force (Britain)
Derry Girls (Ireland)
Norseman (Norway)
An African City (Ghana)
Kingdom (South Korea)
Ressurection: Ertugal (Turkey)
What We Do in Shadows (I'm claiming this is a New Zealand show:))

Okay some of these may not be 'best' but they are a sample of what I've watched from the respective countries which I enjoyed

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Derry Girls (Ireland)
Taskmaster (UK)
Healer (South Korea)
Signal (South Korea)
White Christmas (South Korea)
Running Man (South Korea)
Cowboy Bebop (Japan)
Orphan Black (Canada)

Remove ads