• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Torn vastus intermedius?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yeah, it's hard to believe Hendricks could have finished it if he just turned it on or whatever. If he would have went 90 or 100 and GSP didn't go down then what? He couldn't finish a dood he beat up badly and who wasn't on his game. That's all we know. Now he could come out and KO him in 1 or something but that remains to be seen.

A 170 tourney would be awesome. It could mean up to two Diaz brothers get their asses kicked again! And ... I wanna see Kampmann miracle it out. :p

Yeah, Hendricks does have the ability to knock people out quick. Maybe he could knockout GSP in one round. Maybe he can't. I mean, hee has the opportunity, and he didn't do it. I find it hard to believe that a second fight between the two would be the same as the first. Matt Serra knocked GSP silly. He saw he had him hurt and he pounced. Hendricks hurt GSP and couldn't finish him. When Serra beat GSP, GSP came back even striker and just dominated. I'm being that if there is a rematch, GSP will be far more motivated, and far more aggressive.

And yeah, any tournament for the 170 better has to include at least one of the sites brothers. Not because they deserve it, but because Dana knows people will pay to watch them get wrecked.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yeah, Hendricks does have the ability to knock people out quick. Maybe he could knockout GSP in one round. Maybe he can't. I mean, hee has the opportunity, and he didn't do it. I find it hard to believe that a second fight between the two would be the same as the first. Matt Serra knocked GSP silly. He saw he had him hurt and he pounced. Hendricks hurt GSP and couldn't finish him. When Serra beat GSP, GSP came back even striker and just dominated. I'm being that if there is a rematch, GSP will be far more motivated, and far more aggressive.

And yeah, any tournament for the 170 better has to include at least one of the sites brothers. Not because they deserve it, but because Dana knows people will pay to watch them get wrecked.

Yep, it was a mistake not to try to finish. Now he'll (maybe) have to deal with a much more motivated and prepared GSP.

Doesn't look like a tap to me. He was only in the choke for like a second.

That'll mess with anyone's head. If true, it's understandable why GSP was duo off for that fight.

Did you see the update? His dad is ok according to his sister. The other thing sucks, though. I can't understand why a dood as rich as him didn't get a vasectomy. That's friggin' step one, homie.

Yep, it was a mistake not to try to finish. Now he'll (maybe) have to deal with a much more motivated and prepared GSP.
More than likely. To mr, GSP just didn't seem like he was on his game that night. He just seemed off. You also have to consider that the last time GSP lost, he came back much stronger, much faster, much more aggressive. Matt Serra knocked him out, and GSP just came back with a vengeance. Now I'm not saying that Matt Serra is as good as Hendricks, although Matt Serra at least had the ability to finish GSP, but a motivated GSP is a scary dude.
Doesn't look like a tap to me. He was only in the choke for like a second.
It only takes a second for a properly applied choke to have an effect and scare the hell out of a person. That being said, it probably wasn't a ta, but it also isn't Hendricks pushing off of GSP's legs as some have suggested. That would be the weirdest looking push-off, wouldn't you say?
Did you see the update? His dad is ok according to his sister. The other thing sucks, though. I can't understand why a dood as rich as him didn't get a vasectomy. That's friggin' step one, homie.
I just saw it now. It wasn't there when I posted the link. Fortunately his dad is good. Unfortunately, if it's true, getting a girly pregnant like that is pretty scary... especially with all the money he has, and I'm sure she'll want some of it. That was probably enough to mess with him mentally, and screw with his training camp.

I'm guessing he eventually wants to spawn some future MMA champion, so he hasn't had a vasectomy. Still, he should have wrapped it up, at a minimum. Maybe he should have just invited her to his training camp and used her as a sparring partner. He could have negated this whole mess if he had.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
More than likely. To mr, GSP just didn't seem like he was on his game that night. He just seemed off. You also have to consider that the last time GSP lost, he came back much stronger, much faster, much more aggressive. Matt Serra knocked him out, and GSP just came back with a vengeance. Now I'm not saying that Matt Serra is as good as Hendricks, although Matt Serra at least had the ability to finish GSP, but a motivated GSP is a scary dude.

Heh, yeah Hendricks are Serra are on completely different levels. :p GSP was also a lot worse back then - which is bad news for Hendricks if he shows up and shows up motivated.

It only takes a second for a properly applied choke to have an effect and scare the hell out of a person. That being said, it probably wasn't a ta, but it also isn't Hendricks pushing off of GSP's legs as some have suggested. That would be the weirdest looking push-off, wouldn't you say?

Meh, Hendricks literally gets choked like that every day. I don't think he'd insta tap to a choke like that applied in that position. That said, it wasn't a push off either and the gif makes it hard to see what happened.

I just saw it now. It wasn't there when I posted the link. Fortunately his dad is good. Unfortunately, if it's true, getting a girly pregnant like that is pretty scary... especially with all the money he has, and I'm sure she'll want some of it. That was probably enough to mess with him mentally, and screw with his training camp.

I hope he comes back soon and takes the rematch. It was a dumb move on his part and I can understand why it'd be on his mind, though. Man, you're GSP! Pull out! You've got the reflexes! :p

I'm guessing he eventually wants to spawn some future MMA champion, so he hasn't had a vasectomy. Still, he should have wrapped it up, at a minimum. Maybe he should have just invited her to his training camp and used her as a sparring partner. He could have negated this whole mess if he had.

Meh, you can have it reversed, too. Maybe the thought of how much money he's gonna have to give to this broad he very obviously doesn't think too much of will motivate him to fight soon and more often. :p

Heh, yeah Hendricks are Serra are on completely different levels. :p GSP was also a lot worse back then - which is bad news for Hendricks if he shows up and shows up motivated.
Yeah, a motivated and angry GSP is a dangerous opponent. Hendricks was able to keep pace with GSP this fight, but GSP wasn't really his normally active self. Maybe it was that Hendricks neutralized GSP's wrestling, or maybe it was all the personal stuff that affected GSP's training. GSP was able to take Hendricks down at the start of the fight easily. If he returns motivated, I think we'll see a different GSP in there against Hendricks, pushing Hendricks and really testing his cardio.
Meh, Hendricks literally gets choked like that every day. I don't think he'd insta tap to a choke like that applied in that position. That said, it wasn't a push off either and the gif makes it hard to see what happened.
Hendricks is into erotic asphyxiation?
Yeah, it wasn't a push, and it doesn't seem to have the urgency you'd expect in a tap out.
I hope he comes back soon and takes the rematch. It was a dumb move on his part and I can understand why it'd be on his mind, though. Man, you're GSP! Pull out! You've got the reflexes! :p
Yeah, but he said he would just be out a year. That really isn't that long. I think people are making a bigger deal out of it than they need to. He was out a year and a half last time due to injury. A year off is not that big of a deal. In fact, this is actually the type of situation that an interim belt was made for. Dana just messed it all up by throwing out interim belts every time some champion stubbed their toe. It became pointless. Set up a WW tournament for the interim belt. Give GSP a year off to get himself together. If he comes back in a year, have a unification fight. If he doesn't come back, the interim champion be causes the true champion by default.
if anyone complains about that, have Woodly punch them in the face!
Dude, that guy looks scary. He isn't always consistent, but the guy is built like a freaking comic book superhero. He looks huge for 170. If that guy gets his stuff together, he is going to be one scary dude at 170.
Meh, you can have it reversed, too. Maybe the thought of how much money he's gonna have to give to this broad he very obviously doesn't think too much of will motivate him to fight soon and more often. :p
Maybe, but the more money he makes, the more he has to pay her, right? I saw some article that says he makes about $12,000,000 opera year. I'm sure he has enough stashed away to live comfortably for the rest of his life if he chooses to retire permanently.

So I've been looking over some of these MMA blogs and a lot of people are complaining that Hendricks was robbed of the title by a bad decision. Even Hendricks is complaining about it, which is pretty funny considering that Hendricks has benefitted from bad decisions, like the fight against Koscheck, and the fight against Condit.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Well from what I understand he did get robbed and the ol' look test sure makes it seem likely. GSP's face looked worse than Fitch's after GSP smashed him.

Yeah, a year out is fine. He may be suspended six months anyway so it really wouldn't matter. If Dana really deels Hendricks got jobbed let him fight #2 for the interim or set up a tourney.

Well from what I understand he did get robbed and the ol' look test sure makes it seem likely. GSP's face looked worse than Fitch's after GSP smashed him.
GSP marks up easily. Even in the fight with Diaz, where Diaz didn't hit him much, GSP looked battered. Also, it wasn't as much of a diet as people like to cry about. All three judges gave rounds 2 and 4 to Hendricks. GSP got the nod for rounds 3 and 5. Rounds 1 I'd the rounds that two judges gave to GSP. That was a pretty close rounds. Hendricks took GSP down at the end of that rounds but he didn't do anything. Hendricks also coasted in round 5. If Hendricks had tried to finish seeing in the fifth round, he would have won three of the five rounds, and he would be the new champion. If Hendricks had finished GSP in the second round when GSP was hurt, Hendricks would be the champ.
Hendricks didn't get robbed. He got lazy. He shouldn't blame the judges. He should blame himself for not being able to win.
Yeah, a year out is fine. He may be suspended six months anyway so it really wouldn't matter. If Dana really deels Hendricks got jobbed let him fight #2 for the interim or set up a tourney.
actually, as bad as GSP looked after fight, It seems it was Hendricks who took the more significant damage.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/...pensions-and-injuries-johny-hendricks-out-six

Remove ads