• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traps and Wards (Erekose 13 Judging) [Concluding]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Anyone who's character isn't aproved yet by Bront or Erekose13 ought to make sure it's properly submitted. I'm not allowed to award xp to characters tht aren't aproved.

penance

First Post
Samarik shakes his head. "So you didn't like my earlier idea (post #18), Johan? I thought it would be a good idea to give us a bit of an advance, so we can correctly prepare ourselves. It only makes sense, as any real theives are going to be able to prepare themselves as well."

JRYoung

First Post
Rethlin nods "Very well then, we will prepare for this trial of skill. We shall return shortly."

OOC: Find Traps is only a second level cleric spell, which Rethlin can cast, as mentioned earlier. Opening a lock will be harder, Knock as a 2nd level Wizard spell. That looks like a job for Fritz the Wizard... Market Price is 150g each...

Patlin

Explorer
It's eventually agreed that if you spend the advance money in order to prepare for the job by aquiring apropriate magic, you're hired. Johan d'Kundarak passes around the contact for each of you to sign.

ooc: In other words, we're about to get started -- please post to confirm that you're in.

IamTheTest

First Post
Fritz looks a bit amazed. He has never seen that much gold in one place. I think there are some spells that could help us...I think I know where I could buy some scrolls. As soon as I can do that, I will help.

penance

First Post
"Sounds good, Fritz, just don't get mixed up in anything unhealthy." He says this with a mischevious smile. "Do I need to spend my advance money on scrolls as well, or could I pick up some potions...

And some anti-toxins."

[sblock=ooc]"I'm in!! Glad you liked my idea. :D [/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
In case it was unclear: the 500 gp advance is to the group as a whole, not to each member of the group. Still a lot of cash, I think, but if you want those scrolls I don't think you can buy much by way of potions.

Patlin

Explorer
Once you've signed up, your new employer hands you a small engraved stick.

"Take this. If you break it in half, the traps and wards will be temporarilly disabled. Breaking the stick counts as a surrender, and you won't be paid for any further progress... but better that than one of you dies, eh? We'll come and fetch you out if you get stuck, should you break the stick."

Remove ads