• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Treasure

Mik has expressed a desire for the Helm of Brilliance and - don't want to sound selfish or snippy - Justice **really** wants it... it's going to be useful regardless of who is wearing it, but Justice really has a sentimental desire to have it, as well.

Mik seems to think that having a powerful, ranged, magical attack would prove useful for Archonus - so - wondering if we might want to purchase a Necklace of Fireballs for him?

Description can be found somewhere on this page: http://srd.plush.org/magicItemsWI.html

Splurge on the 8700gp one so that he can really burn some stuff up if necessary?

Know he's in the field and can't really respond, but thought it'd be worth mentioning here...

The_Universe

First Post
Mik seems to think that having a powerful, ranged, magical attack would prove useful for Archonus - so - wondering if we might want to purchase a Necklace of Fireballs for him?
At some point that I was unaware of, did the ability to absorb magic and fire it at any target at will cease to be a ranged attack? I mean, I think (super)natural eye beams would count for this...

Anyway, I have no problem with you acquiring an extra necklace of fireballs. That sort of thing certainly provides a reasonable amount of destructive power for whomever.

Xath

Moder-gator
I'm not going to get involved in the Helm debate, but I would ask that out of fairness, you wait to debate it until he gets back from the field.

Xath said:
I'm not going to get involved in the Helm debate, but I would ask that out of fairness, you wait to debate it until he gets back from the field.
Mik and I have talked about it - I was just asking if we would be willing to spend the money so that I could suggest it as a real possibility.

Wasn't debating who gets it - but potential solutions to the debate for when he returns.

Xath

Moder-gator
*shrug* If we can determine what, out of the resource list, we are selling, I can calculate the money we have to work with.

Xath

Moder-gator
Once we get the new Staff of Healing, we can sell the old one. Unless, is it possible to "Upgrade" the staff? For the new cost - the old one? Kind of like updating Weapons.

There's no precedent for it because the DMG doesn't have stave levels.

The_Universe

First Post
Nope - staves must be expended and replaced. Their charges are removed from their value as a percentage (still based on 50% of it's market price).

So, it a staff normally has 50 charges but yours has 40, and you can buy a new one for 100,000 GP, it's actually worth 80% of 50,000 GP, which in this case would be 40,000.

Assuming there are no existing rules to the contrary, that's how I'd do it.

Xath

Moder-gator
Unless we just refill it before we sell it. And we've been selling at 60% pretty regularly, not 50. Unless that's changed.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Unless we just refill it before we sell it. And we've been selling at 60% pretty regularly, not 50. Unless that's changed.
You can probably get the base price to 60%, as normal - I was just laying out the general rule. The remaining sell value would still be determined by how many charges are left.

Laurel

First Post
If it is okay with the group I'd like to keep the bow- once I look at L'Aurel's current back-up bow I can say which of the two gets sold. I guess also carrying space. But one will get sold and gold goes into the general circle pot for splitting up.

Also, thanks for putting it in, since she would like the arrows :)

Remove ads