• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Troupe of the Painted Soul IC!

Neowolf

First Post
Kail taps Dembrillion on the shoulder. "My friend, it would seem that an urchin has taken the bait." Kail then gestures toward the vagabond.

Last edited:

squirrel

First Post
After Kail pointed out the child, Dembrilion says to the soldier, "Excuse me for a minute." Then he begins to chase after the vagabond. He will try to follow without causing a disturbance among the crowd, but if he starts to lose any ground, he will bump into a few people if it is necessary to gain on the vagabond.

dave_o

Explorer
It's rather difficult to not plow through the various merchants in The Hundred Yards - but Dembrilion manages. The vagabond ahead seems to be no more than eight years old, and seems to be running incredibly hard, as if his life depended on it.

"Burning virgins!" he shouts, and suddenly ducks into an alley, heading away from the concourse.

Behind, Kail sees the chase, and subsequent evasion by the vagabond.

squirrel

First Post
Seeing the child run into the alley, Dembrilion makes a quick decision and goes against his better judgement, and he decides to follow into the alley for the needed information. If the child has dissappeared, he will walk (ooc-hustle) down the alley to see where it leads and if there are not obvious tracks of where the child went at the end of the alley, Dembrilion will head back to the market keeping an eye out for any secret doors/passage that might be hidden in the alley.

OOC - Search +7, Spot +11. Also anything I would know from the time my character lived on the streets that would help pull the child out of hiding to have a reasonable discussion and to be compensated for his time?

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
The child still remains in the alley, and as you step from the busy concourse of The Hundred Yards into it - you realize why. Nearly quaking in fear, the brown-trussed youth of no more than eight stands with his back to a dirty, stone wall. It soars into the air, matching height with the buildings on either side of the alley.

It is quite obvious that this child knows - he is trapped.

As Kail stands near Dembrilion's previously occupied spot near the slave market, the same haggard solider takes a creaking step forward, his odor nearly so foul as to repel you. "Whu' about yo-," he wheezes, but is cut short as Kail approached the alley, as well, cold-shouldering the Imperial officer. Perhaps too drunk to care, the solider steps back near the slave market.

Reaching the alleyway, Kail sees what Dembrilion shares in his vision, in the shadows cast by the buildings, a child - he is trapped.

squirrel

First Post
"Don't fear child, I have no intention of hurting you if you are willing to work with me, because I know what its like to be in your position, but I need a couple of services from you. If you would open the bag you took from me, it will not be your payment, but I do have your payment for when we are done. We shall work the terms of the service in a bit, but lets get you cleaned up, and you will be acting as my son and what you did is a game you play with me occasionally. Do you agree to help me?" Dembrilion takes a few steps down the alley as he is talking trying to give off an unhostile vibe to the child.

dave_o

Explorer
The youth slowly arches a thin brow, and reaches grubby fingers inside the pouch. His expression turns to that of digust, as he takes one of the stones and throws it at Dembrilion, the pebble bouncing off his chest.

"Rocks! What - are you some Delwinian savage? You're a mite tall, man. What do you need my help for? I can get you in a lot of trouble, y'know. I'll report you to the Kin-," he stops short, smoldering, and flings the whole bag toward Dembrilion, before tucking his hands in his pockets and pouting.

squirrel

First Post
Dembrilion listens to child's rant and takes it as bluster, then says, "Listen urchin, I don't need your help, but it is more convient since you are here. I don't want to withdrawl my offer of pay for your services, but if you remain uncooperative, I will, and I will have my information. I like your attitude, it reminds me of myself at one point in time, so I will leave you the option of choosing your future."

Remove ads