TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral watches the others sign, gives the paper a good once over, then signs it himself. So when should we expect the match to happen? And other than showing up, are there preparations or suchnot that you need?

[sblock=ooc]Hey all, sorry it took so long. I'll get Emral approved quickly. Code is driving me nuts. On the up side, I grabbed a copy of DDI, which is so fun! Is there a way to use that for PCs here, I wonder?[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=everybody]As an aside, I'm working on that group picture I promised. I need to get a better idea of what Drivan and Finnian look like. I already started on our esteemed Warlord and Vaunea, and I liked what I did before I got the idea to check their descriptions (sorry comrades, don't hate me) :D

Vaunea I had wanted to draw with six breasts, like a cow, but that might be weird to execute. Hope what I came up with works.

pardon the crappiness when I'm done, but I'm remembering how to draw while I do this sans white out. [/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Drivan's description]Drivan is about 6'2 with a slim build but moderately broad shoulders. He is darker, his skin a light brown. His features are almost middle eastern in appearance with bright blue eyes. His hair is dark brown though it is sun bleached with streaks of lighter shades running through it. He has a small goattee with a slightly more prominent soul patch.
He is clothed in a loose crimson robe worn over one shoulder like a toga. At his left shoulder the extra cloth of the robe is wrapped over his back and over his right shoulder where it is tucked back into the robe at chest level. Underneath this robe is a dark blue shirt with thin gold cuffs and rounded collar.
Various vials and pouches are attached to his robe in random places, all hanging within easy reach. At his belt hangs a spellbook, engraved with many sigils and glyphs. A simple dagger hangs sheathed from a small chain. Next to the dagger is a simple length of wood, fairly straight there is a slight angle in the wood at the end; Made from some dark red wood it is polished from heavy use.
Most of this is in my character description, if there is anything else just let me know! The group picture sounds great! Thanks![/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=Drivan's description]Drivan is about 6'2 with a slim build but moderately broad shoulders. He is darker, his skin a light brown. His features are almost middle eastern in appearance with bright blue eyes. His hair is dark brown though it is sun bleached with streaks of lighter shades running through it. He has a small goattee with a slightly more prominent soul patch.
He is clothed in a loose crimson robe worn over one shoulder like a toga. At his left shoulder the extra cloth of the robe is wrapped over his back and over his right shoulder where it is tucked back into the robe at chest level. Underneath this robe is a dark blue shirt with thin gold cuffs and rounded collar.
Various vials and pouches are attached to his robe in random places, all hanging within easy reach. At his belt hangs a spellbook, engraved with many sigils and glyphs. A simple dagger hangs sheathed from a small chain. Next to the dagger is a simple length of wood, fairly straight there is a slight angle in the wood at the end; Made from some dark red wood it is polished from heavy use.
Most of this is in my character description, if there is anything else just let me know! The group picture sounds great! Thanks![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I just finished the basics for everyone. Now I'm filling in details. Emral as a dude-on-fire is blowing my mind. I did Drivan with his hood up (as we've got everyone else without hoods) and I had this idea from his rope belt that he'd be more esoteric, so I added arm scars (hope they work out). There isn't much room for a lot of detail, but I'll keep at it. Drawing is fun!

The Mighty DM: Can we post that we're moving off to find sponsors? Or are we already outside? I've sent off to the judges, so I'm hoping Emral's ready. Yargh, paperwork!
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Emral watches the others sign, gives the paper a good once over, then signs it himself. So when should we expect the match to happen? And other than showing up, are there preparations or suchnot that you need?

With the speed of a striking rattlesnake, Mr. Pinch nabs the contract.

"Excellent! Return here in three days time, at the crack of dawn, fully armed and ready to fight."

Before you can respond, the floor drops out underneath you. You carom down a smooth, metallic (?) chute, tumbling head over heels. After several minutes of gut-churning, heart-stopping drops and turns, you shoot from the nostril of the great turtle, which sneezes for dramatic effect. Warm mucus envelopes you, cushioning your fall against the pier.

At bit dazed and (perhaps) nauseated, you find yourselves in a sticky heap, surrounded by cheering, clapping, and laughing spectators, who reach out to help you from the morass of snot.

A fanfare of trumpets. Two large banners unfurl down the front of the dome. On it are the words, "Battle Bone!", and a date three days in the future. You see your images, screaming in a most undignified manner as skeletons (brandishing femurs for clubs and hurling ribs for boomerangs) chase you.

The small group of spectators again cheers. Some slap you on the back, splatting the turtle-phlegm. Others offer platitudes and sundry congratulations.

KenHood

First Post
SKILL CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Results: SUCCESS! Party receives the following for a match at TURTLEDOME!
  • A prize purse of 300 gp,
  • 100 gp, conditional on achieving a green Approvalometer rating during the preliminaries to the match,
  • A minor magical item (for each member of the party), conditional on surviving to the third round of the match and maintaining a green Approvalometer reading,
  • And finally, Ms. Vaunea shall receive a plush doll of herself, if party wins.
XP: 200 total (40 XP per party member, to be awarded at end of adventure)

mohalloran

First Post
Having slid down the mucus shoot, Vaunea looks around. The fanfare and the crowd seem to get her going. She gets up and shouts, at the top of her lungs, "Vaunea fight. Vaunea kill. Skeletons dead! See battle! Cheer Vaunea!"

She gives off a roar, as she unsheathes her axe and holds it in both hands over her head. The mucus flys off of her arms and axe, hitting some of the people directly in front of her as the rest of it seems to unphase Vaunea as she begin walking through the crowd. "So, where going?"

[sblock='OOC']I am trying to pump up the crowd some, even if it isn't part of the pumping up. I want them to be more receptive when it comes to that.

1d20+5->13
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Nauseated by the sticky mucus, Hadarai groans, trying to shake off some of it. I doubt I'll get much done before I find a bathtub. I propose we meet again in the evening to organize a battle plan. When we are clean and in fron of a meal. he says, as he walks away, pulling the disgusting ooze off his hair.

[sblock=ooc]so what do we do now? Do we wait three actual days? :)
Also: 200 xp? But I expected tons of skeleton! Looking at the xp reward, it can't be that many! :confused: That's the reward for the skill challenge, right? Silly me...[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Not an overwhelming majority of the onlookers, but several cheer with Vaunea.

"Yeah! Get them skelly-tons!"

"Bone them bones!"

"Ack! I got splattered with turtle snot!"

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral sits up. That was fantastic! Erm, I mean disgusting. Regardless, I think we've made serious progress. I say we take out a room at the same in. I've got some tactics ideas I want to run by you all, and we could practice to raise awareness. Also some prep work on how to get that approvalmeter going.
I wonder who we could invite as sponsors... Maybe we could get a costume shop or something to donate to us? Or a players' guild, or something. Loud costumes, that sort of thing.

Emral peels the dried snot off of him; being in Firesoul mode, the mucus dries quickly ((I would assume)) so cleaning himself isn't much of an issue; the clothes, tho...

Hadarai, Finnian, Vaunea: I take it you three are from out of town? Where are you staying? I don't know about Drivan, but I moved out of my apartments in town when I arrived at the hanged man; I thought I'd be leaving that day for, I don't know, the Jade Empire or something, so I'm currently homeless. Any Inns about town to take a room at? Or is everyone back at the Hanged Man?

[sblock=ooc]Speaking of which: would we be staying there, or does our DM have a better place mighty 1st level mooks like ourselves could stay at?[/sblock]

Remove ads