• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=XP]Yep. That's for the skill challenge, not the fight. ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=Three Days]Nope. We don't have to wait three real-life days. It's in-game time.[/sblock]

A well-dressed, hunchbacked halfling limps up to your group. He strains his neck to look up at you, but smiles all the same. A professional, practiced, "I'm so delighted you came into my shop" smile.

"Excuse me, sirs and madam, I heard your comments about seeking a sponsor. I am Marco, owner and proprietor of the Dusty Quill, a fine establishment for all your writing needs. As it just happens, I've been waiting outside this very spot to find a few brave souls to represent my business in the TURTLEDOME!"

He shouts the last word with surprising vigor.

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan concentrates and murmurs a few words and slowly begins the process of cleaning himself, cubic foot by cubic foot. He has only just started when the halfling introduces himself.

"I for one would be honored to have your shop as a sponsor, I believe I've used some of your goods before in fact. How would you propose that we show your sponsorship? Would you have a sort of guild tabard that we would wear? ..."

Drivan finishes his prestidigiation, effectively cleaning himself and his clothes. With a nod to Emral he says, "I almost got rid of my place as well, but my lease is good for another two months, I don't have much room but if you don't mind sleeping on the floor it would be a free place to sleep."

[sblock=OOC]If the place is a problem with you Kenhood I can scratch it, just part of my background as I've been tutoring and researching for the past few years I figured I would have a regular place to stay.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral sways backwards with the halfling's gale-force yell. Wiping spittle off his, er, belt buckle, he puts his own cleaning cantrip to good use, cleaning his clothes as well. Fantastic! We could use some banners, maybe even some scrolls!

To Drivan My thanks, but I think I'll pay for a bed while I'm still in civilization. Or a tub, unless you've got one of those. Ever since I became a Genasi I've had this, well, head-on-fire thing going on. If I set your home alight, and the next day we had to travel together, I'm worried you'd murder me. I try to sleep in Watersoul manifestation when I can, so pillows don't light up.

[sblock=ooc]So I'm wondering how we could enchant Vaunea's axe so that, whenever it hits a skeleton, there's a sound effect. Like, scattering bowling pins, or a hammer hitting a bell, that sort of thing.[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan smiles, "I understand, I wouldn't have too much of a problem with my place going up in flames but the other tenants might... Is it a struggle to mantain Watersoul manifestation?"

[sblock=Prestidigitation]Well either of us can make that sort of a sound as a free action, right? Wonder if together we could come up with some sort of a ritual that tied that effect to her axe on impact... Seems like Drivan might have found something like that in his hours of research at the library...[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
"I for one would be honored to have your shop as a sponsor, I believe I've used some of your goods before in fact. How would you propose that we show your sponsorship?"
"Well, I thi--"

"Would you have a sort of guild tabard that we would wear? ..."
"Er, uhm...my moth--"

With a nod to Emral he says, "I almost got rid of my place as well...."
"But you're not even giving me a chance to spea--"

Fantastic! We could use some banners, maybe even some scrolls!
"Oh! Why, yes, I... W-wait--"

My thanks, but I think I'll pay for a bed while I'm still in civilization....
"What are you doing? I'm standing right here. Why won't you--"

Drivan smiles, "I understand, I wouldn't have too much of a problem with my place going up in flames but the other tenants might... Is it a struggle to mantain Watersoul manifestation?"
Marco grinds his teeth and yanks a small pouch of coins from underneath his jacket. He violently jingles it in the wizards' faces. "Look! You look! Shinies! Valuable! Me have! You want? You listen! Hmm?!"

[sblock=Apartment]I don't mind. Heck, my character has a master with a super-fancy tower and coffee from the slopes of Mount Celestia.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enchantments]Sure. Once you're 6th level and learn the 'Enchant Item' ritual...[/sblock]

[sblock=Prestidigitation]As an individual that has abused the Prestidigitation power, I can tell you it's not a free action. Unless you're not planning to use Prestidigitation, but instead want to make the sound effects with your mouths. ;)[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer

Marco grinds his teeth and yanks a small pouch of coins from underneath his jacket. He violently jingles it in the wizards' faces. "Look! You look! Shinies! Valuable! Me have! You want? You listen! Hmm?!"

ooooh... shiny! Why yes, go for it my good sir!

[sblock=ooc]
[sblock=Apartment]I don't mind. Heck, my character has a master with a super-fancy tower and coffee from the slopes of Mount Celestia.[/sblock]
What? No way! Seriously? In L4W? Sweet.

I just said "emral learned at the Daunton academy", as I didn't know if there was one in Daunton. I'm wondering if, say, Drivan and Emral knew each other back in the day?
Has anyone proposed a school like this? Sort of L4Warts school of Wizardry "because we really really hate Voldemort!"

[sblock=Enchantments]Sure. Once you're 6th level and learn the 'Enchant Item' ritual...[/sblock]

Yeah, I was thinking more of a brief enchantment for a day, rather than making a permanent item. Like, make a Cantrip last for the day with ghost sound on the axe.

[sblock=Prestidigitation]As an individual that has abused the Prestidigitation power, I can tell you it's not a free action. Unless you're not planning to use Prestidigitation, but instead want to make the sound effects with your mouths. ;)[/sblock]

How cool would that be? I mean, some guys can just go with that in, like, high schools. As everyone knows, beatboxing and mimicking sound effects a la Police Academy: great way to impress people, especially the ladies. A definite must for Vaunea; she could likely do it herself, tho. I'm imagining her yelling "Zoweee!" Maybe we could find an Adam West impersonator?[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan turns his attention to the halfling, "Shinies? Well why didn't you say so earlier? You have our attention!"

[sblock=OOC]Whoops, don't know why I thought presto was a free action, will remember that! How'd you abuse it? Seems like there are so many different ways that it could be abused :p

Drivan learned the majority of his wizardry at home in Sindari, but he has continued his schooling here in Daunton, mostly on his own at the library though he may have sought advice from the wizards of Duanton's University of Wizardry and Other Matters Arcane in Nature. So yeah, Drivan could have met Emral in passing at the university...
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Marco harrumphs. "Ah. Yes. Um..."

He notices the attention of many onlookers.

"Do you think we could hold this conversation in a more private location? I know a decent restaurant just a short distance from here. Excellent fish, and the shrimp is too die for!"

Remove ads