• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons 5E DM Screen

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I missed posting this earlier as I was at a convention (Gamehole Con), but on Friday Nov 7 we received the Gale Force 9 Tyranny of Dragons DM Screnn for 5E. It is a 4-panel landscape screen. 1 panel has conditions, 1 panel has some random charts keyed for specific encounters/episodes of the modules. The other 2 panels contain small keyed maps of Greenest and Parnast, also 14 picture of Allies, Cultists, and Enemies. The players' side has a 2-panel picture of a dragon in combat. The other panels each contain a building; a castle and a manor.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
This is not the DM screen that Chris Perkins had at GameHoleCon. The WotC screen had Conditions, Skill-check DCs, random NPC Name Generation, NPC Traits and FLaws and such, and a few other tables to help a DM wing it. The WotC screen is supposed to release in early January.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
That WotC Screen sounds awesome. I've never used a DM screen, but I might end up picking that one up.
I usually use a DM screen, and even though I already own the screens that came in Murder in Baldur's Gate and Legacy of the Crystal Shard I too am anxiously waiting for the new WotC screen. I think it will be (for me) the most useful screen since 1E.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The major thing I use screens for these days is the list of conditions. The Tyranny one, however, seems a lot less useful than it should be.

Cheers!

bolo__

First Post
Exactly.

Being new to D&D I'm looking to buy DM screens. To the point where I'm going to be trying to pick up the DnD Next adventures screens.
But one look at the HoTDQ, sorry, RoT screen was enough to tell me it wasn't worth it.

On the other hand I have already paid for the 5E screen at my FLGS.

Warunsun

First Post
I own three of the Savage Worlds GM Screens. I create panels for them myself or download good ones from sites like EnWorld. There are usually several good free DM screen panels out there at any one time to download for free. Then I select artwork to show on the player's side based on the campaign. Since I often run more than one game I found it useful to have multiples of the SW Customizable Screen. It is usually quite reasonably priced on Amazon.com as well.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I usually use a DM screen, and even though I already own the screens that came in Murder in Baldur's Gate and Legacy of the Crystal Shard I too am anxiously waiting for the new WotC screen. I think it will be (for me) the most useful screen since 1E.

D&D is about the only game where I always use a DM Screen. I have those 2 also, very handy, but I want to pick up the official deluxe 5e screen out in January. I'll pass on the Tyranny screen though.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
These buildings are on the outer 2 panels on the players' side of the Tyranny screen. Are the buildings readily identifiable in the 2 modules? image.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads