• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos rests for a moment to recover, then looks around to see how everyone else is doing. "I'm not sure about anyone else, but I could use a long break after that battle.", the minotaur puts forth quietly.

[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]
Start=
Move=
Minor=
Standard=
Free=
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 22/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 1/9, Temp HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1/2, Second Wind: unused, Milestones: 1
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows

Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack)
Open the Gate of Battle (Move)

Masterful Spiral - USED

Current Effects:
Bad Dreams (-1 on all checks involving undead)
Used his one healing potion[/sblock][/sblock]
OOC: Kurnos has 1 healing surge left and would prefer to do a long rest if we have the time, but under pressure he'll buck up and soldier on if others don't need to.

Grimmjow

First Post
"How many days do we have left?" Alek asks the group. "Do we have time to rest or should we keep going and finish our quest?"

OOC: if we have time for an extended rest it may help those with no surges (or close to no) left. if we dont have anytime then we need to start playing it safe

jbear

First Post
OOC: I prefer to fail the mission than die to be honest. We should go back to the dead end room and rest there for 6 hours and then continue. But I am happy to probe the next room to measure the challenge we would face. We could deal with an easy encounter ... easily.
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] Loot? Level up?

Dekana

Explorer
The near-disastrous battle tired Ilse out, but after a few minutes of rest, she feels ready to take on even more undead.

"We must be close to the end. Someone should at least scout ahead before we decide to retire or not."

OOC: Ilse uses 2 surges to get to full health. She's at 6/10 surges and still has her daily power. She's fine to keep going.
[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Move: Walk to V7.

Standard: Charge! Ilse moves to AA7. MBA vs SR3 misses AC 7. (1d20+3+1+1=7)

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 2/2, Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: If you decide to rest, I'll awardo you the XP you've gathered so far, and you can level up your characters if you got enough Xp. If yo wish to scout ahead, appoint a scout and roll stealth.

The group takes a moment to gather their breath and wits around. There seems to be nothing valuable save for some rusty mining tools, this being a mine there is unlike to be anything valuable at all, except perhaps at the end. The wizard did mention that there was a vault or something over the mine, so if they successfully detonate the pillars, then maybe some of the treasures would fall down.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: So lets vote. Do we send out a scout? Continue regardless, or rest regardless? I've lost track of the time we had in character to get this mission done. I'm fine with sending a scout if people want to. Not sure who the stealthiest of us is. I'm also fine with pushing on instead of resting if majority decides to.

BedLlama

First Post
"I think I got a hangnail climbing all of those rocks." Zaroch states with a little bit more concern than the situation merits. "So, if someone is scouting ahead, who's drawing the short end?"

OOC: Zaroch has a stealth bonus of +7 and the Shade racial ability. When you also factor in that he still has his daily power, and is uninjured, I think it's likely that he'll be the one sneaking ahead. Unless someone has a much higher Stealth bonus or something.

Remove ads