Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Yeah, I already planned for the Merfolk to have their own alternate way, since keeping books underwater would be silly. As to that other stuff, hmm, I guess prolonged immersion is considered worse than I thought. Fortunately, the enhancement does set the precedent for Endure Elements protecting an object from the exposure to water. Also, if it gets to be a major hassle, you can just keep non-waterproof objects in Alicia's Handy Haversack.[/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The Haversack would solve my problem. I won't be able to use my scrolls underwater anyways, but I can keep them with me until we go under then have her hold them for me.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"I find myself thinking that perhaps we may not want to rely too much on the good will of the merfolk, for retrieving the shard. As we all saw in the council, not everyone is convinced that retrieving the shards is a good idea. If we meet with the merfolk and are unable to convince them to give us their shard, all they have to do to prevent us from completing our mission is simply not tell us where it is. Is there no information as to its whereabouts available to us without their help?" Corvinus asks.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix nods at these words, "Corvinus has touched upon the very core of our mission I believe. We will be in an hostile environment, at the mercy of a people who are completely at home in said environment... without their aid, we cannot hope to search all that is the vastness of the ocean, or even the relatively small portion of it that their people control, for something that is hidden from scrying and very likely warded and guarded. Can we hope for this cooperation or is there no leverage or bargaining chip we may employ?"

Amaury

First Post
When others were talking about their names, Jallembo just thought: I don't even know my family name!

Joining the discussion on the merfolk he adds: "Hmm, it might be tricky indeed.. Either we play it honestly and run the risk of a simple refusal on their part and we have to resort to some form of violence to reach our goal, or we need to think of a more subtle way to obtain it without telling them the reason of our presence... Both avenues are risky.."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Jallembo has the idea," Rayne agrees, "There is nothing further, even in the secret histories, about this shard beyond the fact that the Merfolk have hidden it. Chances are most Merfolk don't know where it is either. There are many approaches you could try, but all involve the Merfolk, even if some are not as up front."

Dargon

First Post
“True” Nura adds “But off the two I would prefer honesty. beside it is far more easy to locate something if they are willing to cooperate. After this long time, there is a chance that it is not in their hands anymore, right?.”

Ooc: is their any judge ruling on the spellbook and fire/water issue?

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'm going with the standard from Complete Arcane then. We don't need a ruling. You can just use the Bag of Holding to prevent prolonged immersion)

Amaury

First Post
Dargon said:
“True” Nura adds “But off the two I would prefer honesty. beside it is far more easy to locate something if they are willing to cooperate. After this long time, there is a chance that it is not in their hands anymore, right?.”

"That's a possibility Nura, but that would be a problem... I would expect a few of the governing Merfolk to keep the secret amongst themselves to limit security risks. Right, shall we head to the harbour and find a ship??" Jallembo suggests.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Fare thee well, and may your mission be safe and successful," Rayne bids them adieu as they head off for the harbour.

"Right then. Does anyone here know much about ships or the ocean?" Alicia wonders, "I'm getting the feeling that no one here is particularly excited to be going under the sea."

Remove ads