• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Up from the Dust: IC

Ashy

First Post
Kelleris said:
Ashy -
As a bard, I don't remember or not remember spells under most circumstances, so I never prepared heroism in the first place. Now, if I've spontaneously forgotten a class ability (!), that's a different matter, and I'd like to know what I do and don't have access to. I was under the impression that we still had everything on our character sheets save equipment. I suppose I could have expended all of my spell points already... I would know that going in, though, right?

Adauth looks around at his erstwhile companions.

"Hmph. Why don't we get to know each other a bit before we start opening portal-doors at random? I'm Adauth Mirorwyn, a soldier and dabbler in the arcane arts. I have no idea how I came to be in this situation. Does anyone here know what's going on?"

While he speaks, Adauth does a quick mental inventory of the meager number of spells he has mastered over the years, the leadership techniques he's learned, and does some quick physical exercises to check his muscle memory and see if he's still in decent shape. I need to see what I can manage here...

Aduath:
Nothing seems amiss - your body is in perfect condition, your mind is fine, and you have access to all feats, skills, and class abilities (if heroism is one of those, you have it). However, your mind is empty as if you have simply cast all your spells. You feel certain that regaining those spells in the normal manner should return them to memory.

Ashy

First Post
Wyrm99 said:
Milo pauses for a second and then quickly looks him self over. After being satisfied that he is unharmed, he turns his attention to his companion. Looking at each one quickly but throughly. Then he sits down, closes his eyes, and starts singing a song (very softly, a lullaby). If anyone listens closely they would hear that the song is about a village and a halfling family. It verses are short but powerful. He contiunes repeating the same song for about 15 mins

Milo:
After the time passes, you regain your spells.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Kelleris said:
Adauth looks around at the group, silently encouraging them to speak up, until the man he's already mentally labeled "the blonde twit" catches his attention. He seems about to do something rather stupid.

Adauth looks at the man, his level gaze asserting a measure of authority even before he speaks. "You there. Try to show a little discipline. I'm pretty sure not everyone here is as nice as me, and they might take offense at your impetuosity. There's no telling what's behind that door, so why don't you just leave the doors alone until we're ready to move on." It's obvious that Adauth is growing impatient and feels the need to take command in some way.

{If I have bardic music uses left, which should be the case:}

Adauth fascinates Roth, using Perform (oratory) to make his voice and tone more commanding, and the gives the bolded text as a suggestion. The Will save DC for the fascinate is 23, and for the suggestion is 18.

{If I do not have bardic music uses left, or if the "bardic music" doesn't stick:}

Adauth stares down Roth, putting particular and ugly emphasis on the bolded text. Intimidate check is a 38. Not trying to dictate actions; the check result is just for reference.

(OOC: You know, my Diplomacy is actually a point higher than my Intimidate. Sometimes you want to intimidate, and sometimes you want to diplomacize, I suppose... :] :D )

OOC: This will be an Intimidate check at this point...

Edit: Seems it's not needed... ;)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Larris feels much more comfortable and even smiles a bit having been the first to cloth himself. He walks up to the yammering Roth. "Roth is it? Listen to me. If you want you clothes you have to think about your umbilical--Your belly button. I know you may find it strange but if you think about your clothes being in your belly button you can get them back. What did they look like? Discribe them to me and think about them."

Ashy

First Post
Everyone seems completely uninjured and completely naked (with the notable and recent exception of Larris). One door is open, spilling swirling blue and maroon light into the start whiteness - which makes the whiteness seem all the more vast and you seem all the smaller therein...

OOC: For information that needs to be hidden, please use the spoiler tags, not color=black. ;) Email me if you need more info about this....

LeifVignirsson

First Post
Grundy sighs slightly to himself as he looks at the open door with a bit of concern. He runs his claws hands through his hair and looks around at the others for a moment, then back at the light.

Well, I don't know about you guys but I am all set to do this. I am not willing to wait for all eternity trying each door until we find something we like... Opinions?

Ashy:
Do I have both of my companions or just my familiar or just my white dragon or nothing at all? Thanks!

Ashy

First Post
LeifVignirsson said:
Grundy sighs slightly to himself as he looks at the open door with a bit of concern. He runs his claws hands through his hair and looks around at the others for a moment, then back at the light.

Well, I don't know about you guys but I am all set to do this. I am not willing to wait for all eternity trying each door until we find something we like... Opinions?

Ashy:
Do I have both of my companions or just my familiar or just my white dragon or nothing at all? Thanks!

Grundy:
You have nothing - no clothes, no spells, nothing. You might want to read over some of the other posts, however...

LeifVignirsson

First Post
Unless we want to all pick doors and start going through them... that might be entertaining...

Ashy:
Yes, but they are individuals (even if they are a fox and a dragon), not items so I was just curious if they made it through the "dying" process with me or not... No big deal, just keeping tabs on them :D

Edited: Because I suck and I should have at least put an in character statement here first.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
LeifVignirsson said:
Unless we want to all pick doors and start going through them... that might be entertaining...

Ashy:
Yes, but they are individuals (even if they are a fox and a dragon), not items so I was just curious if they made it through the "dying" process with me or not... No big deal, just keeping tabs on them :D

Edited: Because I suck and I should have at least put an in character statement here first.

Leif:
They are still there, but Grundy does not know it yet - he needs to do some investigating to find that out. :p

Remove ads