• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [UPDATED] DMG - Villainous Classes Preview

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I never like that Necromancers are seen as evil. Mainly because I have fond memories of tearing it up back in Diablo 2.

You'll have to blame millennia of human society for that one! I don't think D&D can be taken to task for it. :)

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Any non-evil cleric can take the Life domain, in case a DM doesn't feel like allowing the Death domain.

How is that equivalent?

Actually Myrkul is god of death. Kelemvor is god of the dead.

Do you see this face? :erm: This is my "are you serious" face.

Also, isn't Myrkul dead? I know Bane and Bhaal are back but I thought Myrkul was still down for the count.

Anyway players can still use it.

Not without buying a DMG or borrowing mine they can't. It's not an insurmountable obstacle, but it sure seems like a pretty needless one.

How is that equivalent?

Do you see this face? :erm: This is my "are you serious" face.

Also, isn't Myrkul dead? I know Bane and Bhaal are back but I thought Myrkul was still down for the count.

Not without buying a DMG or borrowing mine they can't. It's not an insurmountable obstacle, but it sure seems like a pretty needless one.

Myrkul is back. IT's why I bothered pointing this silly thing out.

They have to ask their Dm's permission to use it, but they still can. Still I agree and think it should have been in the PHB. The Oathbreaker is fine in here as it is clearly evil while the Death Domain is not anymore then the Necromancy School.

Nachti

First Post
Paladin Pet list ;):

Ghul (CR 1, Wis + 0)
Ghast (CR 2, Wis + 0)
Ogre Zombie (CR2, Wis+0)
Minotaur Skeleton (CR2 Wis -1)
Mummy (CR3 Wis +2)
Wight (CR3, Wis +1)
Ghost (CR4, Wis +1)
Banshee (CR4, Wis +2)
Flameskull (CR4, Wis +0, magic res)
Wraith (CR5, Wis +2)
Beholder Zombie (CR5, Wis +2)
Vampire Spawn (CR5, Wis +3)
Vampire (CR13, Wis +7, legendary)
Mummy Lord (CR15, +9 Wis, legendary)
Death Knight (CR 17, +9 Wis, magic res)

Paladin Control Undead DC = 8 + Proficiency + Charisma Modifier

Level 5, DC ~ 14
Level 10, DC ~17
Level 20, DC ~19

How to get your pet?
Cast bestow curse (ability score: wisdom) before Control Undead. The minion then has disadvanatage on his save.

Last edited:

I am pretty disappointed that the Oathbreaker is just a Blackguard and not something new. I was eagerly anticipating a ronin-style "grey" paladin, for world-weary paladins who have lost some of their luster but not completely gone over to evil.

So... we should make one. :)

Remove ads